You’ve finished off your Christmas list! A weight has lifted off your shoulders and how merry you feel indeed. But alas! You’ve forgotten to include a distant relative or a new co-worker and now, days before Christmas, you don’t have a present for them. Don’t you worry just yet! We’ve got a few ideas that just might work.
1. Cinema gift cards Gift cards aren’t just for department stores and restaurants, they’re for the cinemas too. It’s a perfect last-minute gift because who doesn’t like going to the movies anyway? SM Cinemas offers Movie Discount Cards valued at P25, P50 and P100. Learn more about them here. Ayala Malls Cinemas Gift Cards can be purchased at their ticketbooths.
2. Books Do you have a favorite book you’ve read this year? Why not share it with someone and gift them that. There are a good number of great classic novels below P300 and contemporary novels just a little bit above it. Is your receiver not a reader? Get them into reading with something light and fun like a humor book.
3. Coffee Treat your always-caffeinated co-worker with his favorite cup of joe by getting him a gift card to his favorite coffee shop. He’s guaranteed to love the gesture. If you’re feeling generous, throw in some roasted beans and a mug too.
4. An app Did you know you could gift apps? Yes, you absolutely can. You can also give gift cards already pre-loaded with your chosen denomination which can be used on anything in the store by the receiver be it movies, music, books, etc. Here’s the link for gifting on the Google Play Store. And here’s the link for the Apple App Store.
5. Hobby materials It’s safe to say that people with hobbies are some of the easiest to buy gifts for. Just buy them something they can use for their favorite pastime and they’re (hopefully) happy! For those into art, a good quality drawing pen or a set of colored pens can be bought for a couple hundred pesos. Buy cookie cutters for bakers and a bottle of good oil for those who love to cook. Easy.
6. Chocolate/Sweets Sometimes you just have to fall back on the tried and tested methods. A big bar of Cadbury, a small box of Ferrero Rocher, a good-sized packet of MnMs, a yellow prism stick of Toblerone, or a few pieces or Royce chocolates can make anyone sing Christmas carols.
7. Mini-pampering set Some suggestions for items in a mini-pampering set include: lip balm, nail polish, face masks, small bottle of shower gel, small luxurious bar of soap, room spray or scented candle. Mix and match any number of these items, place them in a dainty box and tie with a red ribbon. Don’t forget the gift tag.