It can be quite a challenge to get your sleepyhead out of bed each morning. If your morning routine is marked with bed heads, droopy eyes, and constant yawning, you might think your champion child is not yet ready to face another physically and mentally engaging day—and you’re probably right.
Kids need optimum energy levels to get them through not just active play and sports, but also to keep them mentally alert as they go through critical thinking and problem solving activities during the day.
How do you get your kids’ energy levels up as soon as he starts the day? Try these tips:
1. Start light Good morning, sunshine! Let in natural light, so that your child’s body clock is in tune. Throw open the curtains to let morning light shine in. Natural light is invigorating and signals our body that it’s time to get up and face another day.
2. Get him ready Sure, you want to wake him up and get his energy going, but rushing him out of bed can be quite draining. Wake him up in a relaxed manner (no yelling) and his body will react in a positively energized way. The more you rush, the more stress the body is put through, which eats up a lot of energy that would be better saved for the rest of the day.
3. Start with warm-up exercises Do light stretching as soon as your child gets out of bed. Jumping jacks or running in place are simple exercises that do not require a lot of space (they can be done by his bed) but are effective enough to wake him up and get all warmed up. Don’t overdo it, of course. The idea is not to burn calories, but just to get the motors running.
4. Serve up a healthy breakfast A full breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and one that is packed with energy-giving nutrients will ensure that both mind and body can function at its best. Serve it in a fun and exciting way to get your child’s appetite going. Lighten up the mood by adding words of encouragement on the side!
5. Energize with nutritious drinks Cap breakfast off with your child’s favorite chocolate malt drink such as MILO Activ-GO, specifically designed with the combination of Protomalt, 6 vitamins and 3 minerals that are involved in energy metabolism process, muscle function and bone health. Definitely a delicious way to boost his mind and body’s energy!
Help your kids get the physical and mental energy they need to power through the day’s activities. Incorporate more fun into their morning habits and give them a glass of MILO Activ-Go for a happier, more energized start to their day!