Christmas is no doubt the most wonderful -- and beautiful -- time of the year, especially for Filipinos with our ever-enduring love of the season. During the holidays, Metro Manila dons its most extravagant and festive clothes with twinkling parols, glittering balls and ribbons, towering Christmas trees, and all manner of wonderful displays. You only have to go to the nearest mall to witness it!
Here's just a sampling of what we mean. We've included some of your photos as well. Think we missed some good ones? Send us your family photos via our Facebook page or use the hashtag #SPchristmas2016 on your Instagram photos. 1. SM Megamall’s gold and silver tree Where: Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong
2. SM Southmall's winter forest Where: Almanza, Las Piñas
3. SM Aura's winter wonderland Where: Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
Photo from mom Jazi Cabrillos
Photo from mom Aido Lorraine
4. SM Novaliches' Adventure Time Christmas Where: Novaliches, Quezon City
When you visit the display, stop by the Teddy Bear tree as well. Every purchase of the SM Bears of Joy will provide a gift to the children of Holy Trinity Home for Children.
5. SM City BF Parañaque's Ever After High Christmas Where: Brgy. BF Homes, Sucat, Parañaque
6. SM City Marikina's red and green decorations Where: Calumpang, Marikina
Photo from mom Merced Pena-Monreal
7. TriNoma Mall's Christmas Village
Photo from mom Mariel Delos Reyes-Paulino
Visit their Christmas Village at the Cinema Lobby with stalls selling items perfect for gift giving, more photo stations and a Santa Meet and Greet.
11. SM Mall of Asia's Grand Festival of Lights Where: Bay City, Pasay
Probably the most grand of all is SM MOA's Christmas parade. Aside from their display inside the mall proper itself, every Saturday night until Dec. 25 at 5:30 p.m., Christmas-themed floats and performers dance and sing through the mall walkways.