2. First, make the Béchamel sauce. Melt 1 tbsp of butter over medium heat. Whisk in fl our and cook for 1 minute. Slowly add the hot milk and cook until sauce reaches low boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until thick and bubbly. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
3. Using a non-stick pan, melt butter and toast bread.
4. Place ham between slices of bread. Arrange sandwiches on a baking tray. Pour Béchamel over the sandwiches and sprinkle grated cheese generously on top.
6. Bake in the oven until cheese has melted.
7. Cut sandwiches in half and serve while warm.
Photography by Miguel Nacianceno
What's your creative kiddie recipe? Share it with us! Fill up the comment form below.