Canned tuna is probably one of Mommy’s fave friend in the kitchen. Apart from being a healthy alternative to fatty foods, itís so easy to whip it up into flavorful goodies!
Tuna Rollover Crunch
Ingredients: • 1 carrot, peeled and cut into strips • 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into strips • 6 to 8 slices of bread, with brown sides sliced off • 3 eggs beaten • 1 pack of Japanese breadcrumbs • Oil for frying
Procedure: 1. Make Tuna Salad: Combine 2 cans of tuna in water or oil (drained), ⅓ cup Japanese mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon calamansi juice, 1 teaspoon mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowlr .
2. Roll over each slice of bread with a rolling pin until ß attened.
3. Spread tuna salad on each slice, then place 2 strips each of carrot and cucumber on the edge of each slice.
4. Roll each slice to make a cylinder.
5. Slice into one-inch portions.
6. Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
7. Place beaten eggs in a bowl. Place breadcrumbs in another bowl. Heat oil.
8. Dip each chilled roll into the eggs then roll in the breadcrumbs. Fry until it turns golden brown and crisp.