If the idea of going out on Valentine's weekend ruins the romantic in you (what with, the crowded lovey-dovey restos and God-awful traffic), don't worry--you and hubby can still celebrate hearts' day at home. As a surprise treat or a lovely sweet ending to your at-home dinner date, make this dark-chocolatey treat! He'll definitely love this—and you! (Okay, you can save some for the kids, as well.)
Here's what you'll need:
1 (250-gram) pack of fudge brownie mix 1/3 cup evaporated 2/3 cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup mini marshmallows 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Prepare fudge brownie mix according to package instructions.
2. Spoon batter into heart-shaped muffin cups, filling until half-full. Bake.
3. Meanwhile, make the fudge topping: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine evaporated milk, sugar, and salt, and let boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Add 3/4 cup mini marshmallows, chopped dark chocolate, and vanilla; mix until melted.
5. Pour over hot brownie base. Once cooled, remove from baking cups and drizzle with melted red chocolate (available at Sweetcraft and Cooks Exchange).
Photo by David Hanson. Styling by Elaine Lim. Props from Silicone Zone.