A tiny home naturally comes with a compact space for entertaining, and we all know that can be a little challenging to style; however, it is not impossible. Instead of seeing tight rooms as a disadvantage, try looking at it as the new focal point of your home and let these design tips help you turn it into a wonderful sight:
1. Use stools and benches to save on space and act as side tables as well. Ottoman seats and stools are smaller and more flexible as compared to armchairs or couches because they take up less space. Also, small stools can double as side tables—some even come with hidden storage—then utilized as seats if there are more visitors than usual.
2. A round table can be friendlier than a rectangular one. A round dining table can be located more easily in small spaces—just make sure that its distance from the wall is at least one chair from the back of the chair to the wall. Round tables can make the area look more spacious because of the lack of hard corners, too.
3. Elevate your storage. Not enough countertop space for entertaining? Utilize stainless steel glass racks, and other organizers to elevate your things to free up precious room. If you're willing to splurge, you can consider having concealed cabinets built as well.
4. You can go bold in small spaces. Though Zen or a minimalist style works well in small homes, a small space can assume any style with customizing—in terms of furniture sizes, careful selection of patterns and smart use of color. Just make sure not to do too much of everything all at once to avoid a cramped look.
5. Make it yours Add personality to your small apartment by displaying cool, tongue-in-cheek decorative pieces with a sense of humor. Make sure your home tells your story.