Parents are all too familiar with the inevitable loss of opportunities for intimacy that comes with having kids. Having to divide time and attention between one’s spouse and a child (or more) can take its toll on a relationship. Help strengthen your relationship by deliberately setting aside some time for each other. It’s important to recognize that you also need time apart from your child(ren), so plan a time for the kid/s to be babysat.
Grandparents are often more than willing to take on the responsibility of caring for their grandkids. It will be a great way for them to bond. Titas, titos, and ninongs and ninangs are also great candidates for the job (that’s what they’re there for!). Once you manage to get some time alone, here are a few ideas to spice up intimacy in your marriage.
1. A really good morning Wake him up by bringing him a themed breakfast in bed, perhaps with a French twist. After all, aren’t the French supposed to be the experts on romance? Sneak out to get some fresh croissants, plate it up with jam and coffee or better yet, mimosas! If you want, you can add a little zest beyond the mimosas by serving it in a French maid costume. This is as easy as rummaging through your closet and looking for a short black skirt, black stockings, sexy black pumps, a seductive white blouse and a ruffled cap. Use your imagination, and possibly expect to be late for work.
2. Leave a trail Leave sweet little notes all over your home that your hubby can’t miss as he prepares for his day. The notes do not have to be fancy at all. They can be as simple as handwritten sweet silly things on post-its that you can leave in his sock drawer, stuck to his razor, on the refrigerator, and inside his wallet.
3. Proper conditioning Send him a flirty email or MMS with a sexy photo of you while he’s at work. Barring that, send him text messages throughout the day, preparing him for what’s in store when he comes home.
4. Bask in nostalgia If you get some time to yourselves, you can recreate your first date and bring back the initial passion you felt. Revisit the places you went to on that special day or if they’re no longer accessible, at least bring back that level of creativity when you go out. If the movie house you went to on your first date has been torn down, rent the same movie you watched 10 years ago. The key is to pay attention to the small details.
5. A night cap You can also end a busy, tiring work day by giving him a good old-fashioned body massage. Complete the mood with his favorite scented oil, fresh new sheets, scented candles (although be wary of fire hazards), dimmed lights, and a sexy playlist (Read: Barry White or body bumpin’ R&B & Soul and NOT Celine Dion) ready on your iPod. Don’t forget to wear your sexiest lingerie, too! The rest of the evening is up to you.