1. In the morning, as tradition requires, Queen Elizabeth declares grandson Prince William and Kate Middleton as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
2. Guests such as power couple David and Victoria Beckham, Elton John, Guy Ritchie, Rowan Atkinson arrive, including Prince William’s nanny as a child, Lillie Piccio, a Filipina from Bacolod.
3. Prince William is bedecked in full Irish Guard garb in red, while brother Prince Harry was in black. Queen Elizabeth arrives shortly in a yellow Angela Kelly wool primrose dress.
4. Kate Middleton, in the meantime, leaves the Goring Hotel.
5. The world finally sees her wedding gown when she arrives at Westminster Abbey, a handmade creation by Sarah Burton, artistic director of Alexander McQueen. The gown featured lace long sleeves and a V-neck neckline. She wore a diamond tiara, named the 1936 Cartier “halo,” lent by Queen Elizabeth and traditionally worn for royal weddings. She was wearing pear-shaped diamond earrings that were a gift by her parents, Michael and Carol Middleton. Sister and bridesmaid Pippa Middleton was also in an Alexander McQueen creation of the same color.
6. The bride takes around three and a half minutes to walk down the aisle.
7. A lip reader claims that Prince William said “You look beautiful” to Kate as she stepped beside him at the altar.