1. Claudine Barretto hits back at Raymart Santiago for defending kin
When the mom of two took to social media to tell the world about Raymart's nephew allegedly hurting their son Santino, Raymart defended his kin and dismissed the incident as "away-bata". But Claudine is not going to be silenced. "Duwag ka! Minsan lang kahit minsan mag sabi ka naman ng totoo," she wrote as caption of a screencapped photo from Raymart's interview with Pep.ph. "Your kids called you a Liar after this interview. Stay away from us!," Claudine added. Many netizens support her and even defended her, saying they understand her because she's a mom and she's only doing her job protecting her child. (pep.ph)
2. In photos: Madeleine Lapid's Christening
Over the weekend, the baby daughter of Tanya Garcia and Mark Lapid was baptized. "Our hearts are filled with love! Thank you so much to the whole famb for coming. To Madels Godparents, thank you for accepting your roles!" Mark wrote on Instagram. Her godparents are Sunshine Dizon, Janine Gutierrez, and Ria Atayde, to name a few. Baby Madeleine is the couple's third daughter, whom they welcomed into the world in September this year. On her Instagram, Tanya also shared a photo of her little one with the caption: "Oh my sweet darling Madeleine. No one else will know the real strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside! I love you forever." Welcome to the Christian world Baby Madeleine!
3. Nikka Martinez shares she's blessed to have Patrick as her husband
The mom of two admitted that sometimes moms forget that they're already starting to let go of themselves or "nalolosyang na." "Hapon na, hindi ka pa nakakaligo. I mean, it’s normal for moms na at home," Nikka told Pep.ph at the Wellness Moms even of P&G and Robinsons Supermarket. She's thankful that Patrick is always there to uplift her spirits and boost her confidence. Aside from sleep, which is probably her favorite me-time activity, "my husband has to support me by making me feel loved," said Nikka, adding that even the simple gesture of complimenting her really helps. "Yung mga times na yun, malaking bagay. Yung mga maliliit lang na ganun, ‘Love, you look nice, o gusto mong magpa-blowdry?’ ganyan. I’m blessed to have a partner who reminds me of me," NIkka shared. (pep.ph)
4. Look: LRT1 train is ready for the holidays!
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Many daily commuters were surprised and delighted as the LRT1 unveiled its Christmas-themed train, which is decked with whimsical holiday decor such as boughs of holly, candy-striped poles, parol, and red-and-green overhead lights. If you want to get on board the train, however, you'd have to try your luck as all the trains look the same on the outside. LRT1 operator LRMC corporate communications head Rochelle Gamboa told CNN Philippines that the company intentionally did not put a holiday mask on the outside of the train to surprise commuters. "The Christmas Train is part of a small project to lighten the mood of our passengers," she said. If you get to catch the Christmas Train, take photos and upload on social media with the hashtag #PaskuhansaLRT, and join the selfie contest. (cnnphilippines.com)
5. No link between pregnancy flu and autism risk A study led by Ousseny Zerbo of Kaiser Permanente Northern California and which was published in the Journal of American Medical Association found no association between a higher risk of autism and influenza infection while pregnant. It also found no link between autism and vaccination against the flu during the second and third trimesters. "There was a suggestion of increased risk of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) with maternal vaccination in the first trimester," which went on to explain that the findings "was not statistically significant" after researchers adjusted for other risk factors. Of the nearly 200,000 babies involved in the study, more than 3,100 were diagnosed with autism. The confirmed cases were believed to have genetic and environmental trigger, but the cause is still unknown. (gmanetwork.com)