IMAGE @ckurleto/Instagram and @nancycastiglione/Instagram
At the height of their career, these ladies were constantly visible on television. Then they left the limelight and the Philippines. Showbiz now seemed to be just a phase in the life of these former stars, who are now all happy moms.
1. Nancy Castiglione When she entered showbiz, she was a sought-after commercial model. But this half-Italian/half-Filipina became famous for her role as Muyak, a recurring character which appeared on GMA-7’s Mulawin, Encantadia, Etheria: Ang Ikalimang Kaharian ng Encantadia, and Encantadia: Pag-ibig Hanggang Wagas. She also ventured into singing as Nancy Jane.
Six years after leaving the industry 2010, she is now a mother of twins and a baby girl. On Instagram, she described her husband Ritchie Bautista as the love of her life.
She and her family are based in Canada.
2. Cindy Kurleto Cindy became a co-host of Magandang Tanghali Bayan, ASAP, and Eat Bulaga! She also gave acting a shot, and played Cassiopeia, which is now the role of Solenn Heussaff in the requel of Encantadia. This Filipina-Austrian beauty was also an in-demand endorser, and was hailed as FHM Philippines Sexiest Woman in 2004.
She left for Peru in 2007, but is now based in Vienna, Austria.
She has a 6-year-old daughter Noa, and gave birth to another baby girl last May 31.
3. Aiza Marquez Aiza became famous because of her commercials for a softdrinks brand and a fast food chain. She also became part of TGIS and Anna Karenina. Did you know she also appeared on Encantadia? Her character was Gurna.
She was in the country recently with her husband and daughter.
But she and her family are based in New York, where she will give birth. She’s now 25 weeks pregnant.
4. Krista Ranillo-Lim She left showbiz in 2010 to pursue a law degree. That was also the same year she married her husband Jefferson Nio Lim, a supermarket CEO, in the U.S. More than five years later, she has three kids…
…and is 34 weeks pregnant with her fourth child.
5. Carol Banawa This lady with angelic voice left the music scene in 2003 to accompany her father, formerly an engineer in Saudi Arabia, for his medical treatment.
She’s now a licensed practical nurse in the U.S. whose song “Bakit Di Totohanin” was recently featured in Vampire Diaries. In 2006, she became Mrs. Ryan Crisostomo.