1. Congratulations, Kaye Abad and Paul Jake Castillo!
The two lovebirds are now officially married. Kaye Abad wed Paul Jake Castillo in a Catholic wedding ceremony held at San Pedro Calungsod Chapel in Cebu yesterday, December 9, in front of 900 guests. Some of the celebrities who flew to Cebu to witness their vows were Jason Abalos, Nikki Valdez, Patrick Garcia, Camille Prats, and many more. On Instagram, their guests used the hashtag #CastilloNaSIAbad to post photos on Instagram. Best wishes and congratulations! (pep.ph)
2. Neri Naig has finally recovered
According to the new mom's posts on Instagram, she lost more than one liter of blood when she gave birth and was advised by the doctor to rest. Neri shared that it was her doctor who provided "kangaroo care" for her son, Miggy, when he had a fever and Neri was still recuperating. After two weeks of recovery, Neri was happily back on her feet, ready for her mommy duties, and she happily reports she is back to making gourmet tuyo for her online business. "Kailangang mag ipon para kay Miggy, hehe!"
3. RH Law advocates ask for help to overcome obstacles Four years since its enactment, the Responsible Parenthood and Reproductive Health Law (RA 10354) or RH Law has encountered all sorts of challenges. But, to date, the biggest obstacle is the Supreme Court's temporary restraining order (TRO) on the registration, procurement, and distribution of family planning products. It is based on the complaint filed last 2015 by the Alliance for the Family Foundation Philippines, alleging that certain contraceptive implants allowed under the RH Law have "abortifacient side effects." In response, the SC issued the TRO that prevents the government from procuring, selling, distributing, dispensing, administering, advertising, and promoting implants. The SC ruling also stopped the Food and Drug Administration from granting pending applications for reproductive products, including contraceptives. In response, the Philippine Legislators Committee on Population and Development (PLCPD) Foundation, Inc. has held an event called "Apat na Taon, Apat na Hiling (Four Years, Four Requests)." It is asking the:
Supreme Court to lift the TRO on family planning,
executive branch of government to intensify the government program on family planning and make it accessible to everyone
local government units to invest in family planning and implement the law
legislature exercise oversight in implementation, invest in family planning (budget appropriation), and fill in policy gaps. (Cosmo.ph)
4. Mick Jagger is a new dad at 73! The Rolling Stones frontman and rock music icon, and his American girlfriend Melanie Hamrick, 30, welcomed their first child together last December 8. "Melanie Hamrick & Mick Jagger's son was born today in New York and they are both delighted," Mick’s rep told E! News. "Mick was at the hospital for the arrival. Mother and baby are doing well and we request that the media respect their privacy at this time," the rep added. The two announced the pregnancy on July and have been together since 2014. This is Mick’s eighth child with his eldest already at 45. (eonline.com)
5. Here’s the Pantone Color of the new year!
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Get ready to see more green in 2017. Pantone just announced its official color, and it’s called Greenery. The company describes the yellow green hue as "a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature's greens revive, restore and renew." It's chosen to symbolize new beginnings and represent rebirth and regeneration. "It's the green that signals vitality, energy and warmth from the sun," said Laurie Pressman, vice president of Pantone Color Institute, in a statement. Last year, Pantone selected two colors, baby blue and dusty pink. What do you think of Greenery? (cnn.com)