1. “Jumanji” remake, “Barbie” movie get a release date Remember that odd game where the consequences after rolling a dice happen in real life? Yes, “Jumanji” is getting a remake and will be in theaters in Christmas next year. Sony Pictures revealed that they plan to update the late Robin Williams’ fantasy movie for the present-day audience when they made public their movie slate for 2016 until 2019. No details for the new “Jumanji” film had been announced. Sony Pictures’ list also included a “Barbie” movie to be released in 2017. (huffingtonpost.com)
Not familiar with "Jumanji"? Here's a trailer of the 1995 blockbuster hit:
2. This is a big factor when first-time parents decide to have another child The more kids, the merrier? Not quite. It actually depends on your first baby, according to new research from the Journal of Demography. Researchers found that how happy a first-time parent is is a good indicator of whether the couple will decide to conceive again. Having the first child is a crash course for raising a child; the second one is more of an informed decision. And the key to keeping couples procreating is paying attention to the well being of new parents. (time.com)
3. Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux are married!
It’s official: Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux have tied the knot on Wednesday, Aug 5, at their Bel-Air, California home. According to sources, the couple told their more than 70 guests that they’re coming to celebrate Justin’s birthday—but they were pleasantly surprised that the “party” was for Jennifer and Justin’s union. Star attendees to witness the intimate wedding were, of course, Jen’s “Friends” friends Courtney Cox and Lisa Kudrow, as well as Chelsea Handler, Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi, Will Arnett, Jimmy Kimmel, to name a few. Congratulations! (people.com)
4. Changing women’s underwear just became easier It has always been a problem for women to change clothes in public places; what more if we need to change underwear? A new active-intimate apparel line hopes to solve the uncomfortable and awkward situation: Slick Chicks, an underwear line, allows women to change panties without taking off their clothes. Slick Chicks’ removable hooks and eye closures at each side lets women slip in a new pair of undies when the need arises. It could also be a lifesaver for women who find it hard to bend when putting panties on (ahem, preggos!). The underwear comes in three styles: bikini, thong, and boyshorts. (mashable.com)
5. Dennis Trillo is doing his best to be a good father The actor admitted that he’s not a perfect father to eight-year-old Calix, his son with former beauty queen Carlene Aguilar. However, he is doing his best to be a presence in the boy’s life. Dennis says he stays up to date with what Calix is into at the moment. He also makes it a point to spend time with his only son and attend school activities. “I am doing my best to be a good father and a good provider. Ang importante naman ay kung nagkamali ka minsan, huwag mo nang ulitin. Marami na akong napagdaanan at ang maging isang father ang pinakamasayang nangyari sa buhay natin,” he said. (pep.ph)