1. Diana Zubiri and Andy Smith share first complete family photo
After posting photos of their new little darling, baby Aliyah Rose, came the first official family photos showing new dad Andy Smith, mom Diana Zubiri holding their newborn daughter, and Diana's son with late husband Alex Lopez. The photos were taken by Nice Print Photography. Andy also shared pics of his little girl, who is now two weeks old. ""Being very hands on makes me realize how much my parents did for me and my sister, it's definitely sleepless nights but for good reason. I have a higher respect for all hard working parents out there. This is one very fulfilling job and we are so excited to be by our kids' sides throughout their growth and to give them all we can so that they to have the opportunity to live their dreams," Andy wrote as caption.
2. Stylist Alyanna Martinez ties the knot in the U.S.
The daughter of actor Albert Martinez and his late wife Liezl took to Instagram to celebrate her nuptials with photographer Roy Macam which was held on August 17, 2016 in San Francisco, California. The stylist to the stars was flooded with congratulatory messages. Roy popped the question on Alyanna's 30th birthday last December 3 at the base camp of Mt. Everest, the highest peak in the world. Congratulations! (abs-cbn.com)
3. Scarlet Snow takes her first selfie!
Never underestimate what a toddler can learn. On Instagram, mom Vicki Belo posted a photo that she says is her daughter Scarlet Snow's first selfie. "She took my phone and managed to do this. I just saw it later," she wrote as caption. Not suprising, since kids Scarlet's age have minds like a sponge which absorb everything they see. In Vicki's other posts, Scarlet Snow is seen sweeping the floor, twirling like her ate Cristalle Belo during a fitting, and many more.
4. Game of Thrones actress gives birth!
A cute little package arrived and told us his name's Monte Pearce. We think we're gonna keep him. Placenta smoothie anyone? @caricevhouten
No, it's not a shadow baby. Actress Carice van Houten, who plays "The Red Priestess" Mellisandre (who famously gave birth to a shadow baby) in HBO's hit series Game of Thrones, had just given birth to her and partner, Australian actor Guy Pearce's first child. The baby boy, whom they named Monte, was born last week in Amsterdam, where the couple is based. The Iron Man 3 actor and new dad took to Twitter to announce the birth: "A cute little package arrived and told us his name’s Monte Pearce. We think we’re gonna keep him. Placenta smoothie anyone?" Carice retweeted it and added new-mom emojis! Congratulations! (people.com)
5. Zika transmission via sex can be more serious Accordinf to a study published in the journal Cell, Zika virus that has been transferred from one person to another via sexual intercourse may stay in the woman's vaginal tract longer. Researchers said Zika virus in the vaginal tract may be a robust source of infection "with potentionally dire consequences". While the study was on mice, Akiko Iwasaki, professor of immunobiology and an investigator with the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, says, "The finding may be important for women, not only pregnant women. The vagina is a site where the virus can replicate and possibly transmit to partners. In pregnant women, vaginal transmission of Zika virus may have a significant impact on the developing fetus." (gmanetwork.com)