1. Donita Rose and husband decide to "get back together"
TV host Donita Rose is happy to share that she and husband Eric Villarama, who is based in the U.S., is united in keeping their marriage intact. Rumors of their separation had surfaced this year, but she said they were just facing some challenges in their marriage. Donita also revealed they almost signed divorce papers, but realized that they both love each other. "I still love him and I realized, if I love someone with all my heart, I need to humble myself. Kahit sabihin mong kasalanan niya, kasalanan ko, it doesn’t matter. We both need to humble ourselves." The couple is also finally planning to settle their family in the same country. (pep.ph)
2. Baby girl on the way for Mark Zuckerberg Facebook’s daddy is going to be a new dad—this time to his and his wife Priscilla Chan’s first child. The doting dad said he is “extremely excited to meet his little girl”. Mark also shared their struggle to conceive as they suffered three miscarriages before, but assured that Priscilla and the baby are “both healthy.” “The pregnancy is now far enough along that the risk of loss is very low and we are very hopeful,” he said in his announcement. The Facebook post came with a photo of the couple with their dog Beast who has “no idea what’s coming” yet. Congratulations! (people.com)
3. DepEd launches LightED PH campaign After the photo of a boy doing his homework under a fastfood signage light went viral, the Department of Education (DepEd) launched a campaign that will provide solutions to schools and homes with alternative sources of energy to aid underprivileged students who are living in areas with little to no access to electricity. Under the campaign, DepEd is also launching a “One Child, One Lamp” campaign that aims to raise funds for solar lamps that will be distributed to students in off-grid public schools. (gov.ph)
4. Zoe Saldana posts gym selfie with message to fellow moms The “Guardians of the Galaxy” actress is almost back to her pre-pregnancy body, and she’s happy to share all her hard work. Zoe Saldana posted a gym selfie with an incredible shot of her already trim midsection only eight months after giving birth. She captioned her Facebook post, “Almost there! It’s been difficult but so rewarding. I feel strong. All it takes is determination! Mommies we can all do it, damn it!!!” She has been sharing her journey to pre-baby physique and has been encouraging her fans to join her in getting back into shape. (people.com)
5. Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross welcome baby girl The singer actress had given birth to her first child, a healthy baby girl, with husband singer actor Evan Ross. Sources tell People that Ashlee is doing amazing and their daughter is perfect. The couple celebrated the arrival of their baby with a whimsical baby shower at Ashlee’s sister Jessica Simpson’s home last June —- and now she has finally arrived. This is Ashlee’s second baby; she’s also a mom to six-year-old Bronx Mowgli with ex-husband Pete Wentz, but she confessed that the pregnancy felt like a whole new experience. Congratulations! (people.com)