1. Gary Valenciano speaks up about son Gab's marital woes
Mr. Pure Energy says he is affected by the issues that plague Gab and wife Tricia Centenera, but also echoed his wife Angeli's earlier statement on the matter. "Gab is okay, alam naman natin na medyo may mga pagsubok na hinaharap. But I think every family goes through it, we’re handling it as a family," he said. When asked about his son's alleged extra-marital affairs, Gary said, "There will always be a third party that will come out. Gab is a naturally friendly kind of person," he said. "I don’t think that’s the case. Hopefully, in the course of time, makikita din ng tao ang totoo," Gary added. He stressed that he loves Tricia very much and that she will always be his daughter. He says he believes the only way the issue can be resolved is to keep it within the family. In August, Tricia's cryptic posts on social media that hinted on Gab's alleged cheating put them on the spotlight, and there were even talks on getting a divorce. The two were married three times, once in 2014 in the U.S., and twice here in the country in 2015. (pep.ph)
2. Look: New photos of Paul and Baby Seve!
The new dad can't seem to get enough of his little boy and we could feel his joy everytime he posts new photos on Instagram, as he did recently. One shows Paul introducing Baby Seve to the film that inspired his name 'Elliot': Spielberg's E.T. There's another snapshot where he's holding Baby Seve while posing for a photo with the little boy's uncles, while another photo posted by new mom Toni Gonzaga shows her husband burping Baby Seve. We must say, fatherhood suits Paul very well.
3. EO on Family Planning set to be signed President Rodrigo Duterte is set to sign an executive order directing the full implementation of the Reproductive Health (RH) Law, according to Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto M. Pernia. "We are coming up with an EO. [It’s] basically a statement of the President, what his stand is, and how he feels about [it]. He will show his strong position on the importance of RH implementation,” he said. Pernia, who is the director general of the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA), said it's necessary to be able to achieve the target of "17-percent poverty incidence" by the end of the president's term. "It will have to be a combination of strong economic growth and creation of lots of jobs, complemented by the full implementation of the RH law so that the poor are able to limit or space their child-bearing," the NEDA chief added. The Department of Health (DOH) is already drafting the document. (inquirer.net)
4. Marvel and Disney announce new animated Spider-Man series During the New York ComicCon held recently, Marvel and Disney announced that they are teaming up again, this time, to reboot for the small screen new adventures of the "friendly neighborhood" crawler. According to reports, the new TV series will replace the Ultimate Spider-man TV series in which Peter Parker's alter ego is working with S.H.I.E.L.D., the same organization featured in the Marvel superhero films. The new series will take Spider-Man back to his roots as a teenager struggling to balance his responsibilities in school and his superhero duties. Marvel's Spider-Man is set to debut on Disney XD in 2017, likely before or after the release of the stand-alone movie Spider-Man: Homecoming in July. (gmanetwork.com)
5. Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell is pregnant with baby #2
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
"God bless Mother Nature #mamaspice," she wrote on the caption. Ginger Spice and Formula 1 boss Christian Horner's spokesman said in a statement that "The couple is overjoyed with the good news and cannot wait to welcome the newest addition to their family." This is going to be the first child for the couple who wed in 2015. Geri is already a mom to 10-year-old daughter Bluebell, while Horner is dad to daughter Olivia. Both kids are from their previous relationships. Congratulations! (eonline.com)