1. Angelina Jolie files for divorce from Brad Pitt
Say goodbye to "Brangelina," as Angelina Jolie on Monday filed for divorce from Brad Pitt after two years of marriage and a decade of being together, citing irreconcilable differences. According to the documents, the two have been separated for only five days before Angelina filed for the dissolution of their marriage. She also requested to have physical custody of their six kids Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, and twins Vivienne and Knox, with Brad being granted visitation rights. Angelina said via a statement issued by her representative that the decision was made for the health of the family. Brad Pitt issued a statement on the divorce filing: "I am very saddened by this, but what matters most now is the well-being of our kids. I kindly ask the press to give them the space they deserve during this challenging time." (people.com)
2. In photos: another baby shower for Mariel Rodriguez!
Yesterday, September 20, another baby shower was held in honor of parents-to-be Mariel Rodriguez and Robin Padilla at the Marco Polo in Ortigas, Pasig. The event was also a send-off to Mariel as she travels to the U.S. this week to give birth to Maria Isabella. Present at the baby shower were her family and friends, including Ara Mina with daughter Mandy, Cristine Reyes with daughter Amarah, LJ Moreno with kids Ian Maximus and Keona Skye, Beauty Gonzales with daughter Olivia and partner Norman Crisologo, Christine and Julius Babao, Iza Calzado, Alex Gonzaga, and many more.
3. How many kids does Heart Evangelista want?
The actress and artist says she's okay even with just one child with Senator Chiz Escudero, who already has twins Chesi and Quino from his previous marriage. Heart says she wants to give her child the best and there might be more adjustments if they have more kids. She also admitted that she's scared but excited to be pregnant. "I'm very scared, but I think, when you're a mom, you will adjust to it during the nine-month pregnancy. Your body and mind will prepare you. It's scary kasi it's the next chapter of your life. If it happens, it happens. But I'm not the type to obsess about it," says Heart. She adds that she's as ready as she'll ever be, having spent time with the twins. Heart is currently busy with the construction of the couple's new home, her other "project" aside from the pregnancy. (gmanetwork.com)
4. DOH confirms 6 more Zika cases The Department of Health disclosed that four of the six new patients are from Iloilo, but not connected to the earlier reported cases there. The two other patients are from Cebu City and Laguna. All six of them, whose ages range from 9 to 49 years old, have no recent travel history previous to contracting the mosquito-borne virus. "All exhibited skin rashes accompanied by joint pains, fever, or conjunctivitis, but they are expected to have recovered by this time," DOH spokesperson Eric Tayag said, adding that the patients acquired the virus through mosquito bites. He also again reminded everyone to help eradicate mosquito-breeding grounds and to avoid getting bitten by mosquitoes. The DOH had advised pregnant women not to travel to Iloilo, where most of the cases have been reported, as it can cause their unborn baby to develop microcephaly. (inquirer.net)
5. Online driver's license registration? Why not! Department of Transportation (DOTr) Secretary Arthur Tugade is planning to make driver's license renewal available online instead of requiring applicants to appear in person at the Land Transportation Office (LTO). "If you are not involved in lawlessness or crime, you can do it online. It is understandable kapag meron kang violations or citation doon ka sa head office magre-renew," Tugade said. He adds that the online driver's license renewal project, which is planned to roll out next year, is part of the DOTr's plan to address transportation and traffic issues. House Deputy Majority leader and Cebu Representative Gerald Anthony Gullas has already pushed for a similar online renewal for driver's licences and motor vehicles. (gmanetwork.com)