1. In Photos: Kristine and Oyo Sotto's baby shower!
"Thank you so much for such a simple but meaningful baby shower. We are grateful for your love and kindness," the soon-to-be mom of four wrote on Instagram. The baby shower for expectant parents Kristine and Oyo was held at Vivere Hotel yesterday, September 25. The couple's family and friends were present, including Oyo's sister Danica Sotto-Pingris and cousin Joy Sotto, along with their kids. Kristine and Oyo also revealed the name they have chosen for their baby boy: Marvic Valentin II, or baby Vin, after their dad Vic Sotto.
2. Watch: Neri Naig's baby moving in her tummy!
Last week, the mom-to-be shared a story about her baby's foot imprinting on her baby bump but didn't catch a photo of it. This time, she was able capture a video of her baby moving in her tummy and captioned her Instagram post: "Nahuli din kita, bulinggit! Hahaha! Kulit kulit mo sa tummy ni Mommy! Hahaha! Nakakatuwa! Mommy na ako! Grabe!! Ang saya saya! Pangarap ko talagang maging isang ina. Excited na kami sa'yo, anak! I love you so much!" she added. Currently in her third trimester of pregnancy, Neri, together with husband Chito Miranda, is busy preparing for the arrival of their first child. Would it be a Little Neri or a Little Chito?
3. DepEd studying proposal for an earlier Christmas break Senator Grace Poe urged the Department of Education (DepEd) to consider declaring an earlier Christmas break for the students to help decongest the city's main roads. "Hindi ba natin puwedeng pag-aralan na gawin hanggang December 12 lang ang pasukan or hanggang first week or a little bit until second week? Hindi yung katulad dati na December 18 may pasok pa yung mga bata. Baka puwedeng first week of December wala na pasok," Poe said in an interview on GMA's DZBB Super Radyo. The senator added that December would also be a good time for students to spend time with the family, and further proposes that teachers lessen the projects the kids would need to work on over the Christmas break. DepEd Assistant Secretary Tonisito Umali said they would consider the proposal, noting that it would mean additional school days to the academic calendar if it gets approved. (gmanetwork.com)
4. There's an app to find earthquake faults
Did you know that there's an app that can tell you if there's an earthquake fault near you? The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS ) has developed a web application which maps out all the earthquake fault lines in the country, and it can be accessed via a desktop computer or mobile browser. The "Fault Finder," which uses three base maps -- the Philippines Geoportal from NAMRIA, Google Maps, and OpenStreet -- is useful for planning, disaster risk assessment and risk reduction planning, and aids in increasing public awareness on faults. The web app was developed with the help of the Geological Survey of Japan (GSJ) and the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) in Japan, which, like our country, is situated in the ring of fire, a hotspot for seismic activity. (abs-cbn.com)
5. Adam Levine shares first photo of newborn daughter -- and new tattoo
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Maroon 5 frontman and his wife, Victoria's Secret model Behati Prinsloo, welcomed their first child last week, and now we get a glimpse of the newborn. Adam posted a photo of his three-day-old daughter Dusty Rose on Instagram while she was napping on his chest, thereby exposing a seemingly new tattoo of a rose -- in honor of his daughter, perhaps? Behati reposted the photo with the caption, "Words can't describe ðŸ’— Dusty Rose Levine 9/21/16." Friends of the couple have been gushing over the little girl. "She's so cute," singer and mom-of-three Gwen Stefani said in a guesting on Ellen DeGeneres' show. "I'm just happy for them," adding that the new parents should "just keep smelling that baby." (people.com)