1. Look! Iya Villania, Drew Arellano, and baby Primo’s official family photos!
A few weeks ago, the proud parents of baby Antonio Primo posted a sneak peek and behind-the-scenes shots of his newborn photography shoot. Here are the official photos! "We are FAMILY. We are ONE," wrote new dad Drew Arellano as caption to one of their official family photos. The Stork Studio did a fantastic job capturing then 10-day-old Primo and his goofy parents. The little one is nearly a month old now -- how quickly time flies! See more photos here.
2. Francine Prieto is married!
The 34-year-old actress married her American fiancé Frank Shotkoshi on September 21 in an intimate ceremony at Casa Mariantonia in Capri, Italy. In a Pep.ph exclusive interview with Francine via Facebook Messenger, she said they specifically chose to tie the knot abroad "kasi nga walang divorce dito... just in case lang na di kami magkasundo sa future, di na traumatic for us ang paghiwalay." The couple was engaged in October last year and plans on getting hitched again next year in Denmark, so that Francine's family from Norway could attend. Congratulations! (pep.ph)
3. Adam Levine is now a dad!
The Maroon 5 frontman and his wife, Victoria's Secret model Behati Prinsloo, had welcomed their first child on Wednesday, September 21. The couple had been excited to meet their little daughter whom they chose to name Dusty Rose, documenting the pregnancy on their social media accounts. When asked how he planned to tackle parenthood, Adam said they're going to "jump in and just try to figure it out." He said he wasn't nervous, but also acknowledge that he'll probably be "more freaked out" when he finally meets the little one. Congratulations! We can't wait to see your little angel! (people.com)
4. Brad Pitt is reportedly being investigated for child abuse Reports allege that Brad was being "verbally abusive" and getting "physical" with one of his kids while on board the family's private plane on Wednesday, September 21. A source close to the actor says Brad was drunk and had an argument with his now-estranged wife Angelina Jolie, who had already filed for divorce just last Monday, when one of the kids got caught in the middle. "There was a parent-child argument which was not handled in the right way and escalated more than it should have," the source said, but emphasized that Brad did not hit the child and no one was physically harmed. The dad of six has been cooperating fully with the investigation. The case has since been referred to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). (people.com)
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
5. UP included in top university rankings The University of the Philippines (UP) is the only school in the country that was included in the Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings for 2016-2017. UP is in the 801+ bracket out of a total of 980 institutions, its biggest international league table to date. The Times Higher Education university rankings is "the only global university performance table to judge world-class universities across all of their core missions – teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook. U.K.'s University of Oxford topped the list, knocking out five-time leader California Institute of Technology, which occupied the second spot. (abs-cbn.com)