1. Look! Toni Gonzaga and Paul Soriano’s Hawaii vacay
The soon-to-be parents are taking a break from baby preparations and are currently on vacation in Hawaii with Toni’s family. Toni and husband Paul had just celebrated their first wedding anniversary this month and are expecting their first child, whose gender is still unknown, soon. The Kapamilya actress had said that she is enjoying her pregnancy and is thankful for her husband and her family’s support. (abs-cbn.com)
2. Pasig launches bus service around Ortigas CBD The Pasig City government announced on Wednesday a free bus service for commuters around the Ortigas central business district (CBD) and nearby areas, which will address the commuters’ transportation needs and also tackle issues such as “energy efficiency, climate change mitigation and air quality management.” The bus service will be available on weekdays, at certain hours during rush-hour mornings, at lunchtime, and rush-hour evenings. It will ply four routes around the Ortigas CBD, including one that goes as far as Frontera Verde along C5. (rappler.com)
3. Jollibee now open in Manhattan! That’s right. Our kids' favorite fast-food chain has just opened its first branch in upscale New York. Considered by New York Times as the “McDonald’s of the Philippines”, it will be located at the busy area near Port Authority. Newmark Grubb Knight Frank (NGKF) Retail’s Harrison Abramowitz said, “There is a large Filipino population in New Jersey, many of whom commute through Port Authority every day. This will be a tremendous help in introducing the chain to Manhattan”. Jollibee currently has 890 restaurants worldwide. (mb.com)
4. Independence Day: Resurgence, a movie for kids?
In an effort to promote the sequel to Independence Day, actor Jeff Goldblum, who welcomed a new baby on fourth of July last year, wrote a kid-friendly version of the 1994 original film to get the young kids today acquainted with the story, and help them catch up with the events in the new film. The sequel Independence Day: Resurgence is set 20 years from where the first film left off, after the humans defeated the aliens. We think it's pretty creative of Jeff to do this. Will you take your kids to see the movie? Independence Day: Resurgence is now showing in theaters. (mashable.com)
5. Katherine Heigl is pregnant! After adopting two daughters, the former Grey's Anatomy star is expecting her third child -- a baby boy -- with musician-husband Josh Kelly. Katherine has a bun in the oven and is due to give birth in January next year. Daughters Naleigh, 7, and Adalaide, 4, are also excited with the upcoming new addition to their family. "Josh and I are overflowing with joy and gratitude," she told People via a statement. "This is an incredibly exciting time for us filled with hope, anticipation, and hormones. Well, only I'm filled with hormones, but everyone in the family gets to enjoy them," she added. The two have been married for eight years, and this is Katherine's first pregnancy. Congratulations! (people.com)