1. Regine Angeles and Van Victor Leano are married!
ABS-CBN's Be Bench/ The Model Search winner Van Victor Leano and the former winner, Century Tuna Super Bodies Regine Angeles got married over the weekend at Iglesia ni Cristo-Lokal in Quezon City. Van willingly converted to Iglesia ni Cristo for their relationship. "Nagpa-convert talaga si Van ng religion niya para sa relasyon namin. Para gawin iyon ng lalaki para sa 'yo, parang ang ganda-ganda ko naman masyado!" she said in an interview with Pep.ph last November 2015. It was also the month when the two got engaged while on vacation in El Nido, Palawan. Congratulations! (pep.ph)
2. Look: Vic Sotto's bachelor party
It was the bachelor's turn to celebrate a day after his soon-to-be wife had a bridal shower. Close friends of Vic Sotto threw him a stag party three weeks before his wedding with actress, TV host Pauleen Luna. Eat Bulaga "dabarkads" Jose Manalo, Wally Bayola, Anjo Yllana, and Jimmy Santos were present, and so were Vic's brothers Senator Tito and Val, and son Oyo. Pauleen shared a group photo which shows all of Vic's stag party attendees wearing a "Bossing 1:30:16" shirt. She captioned the photo: "Vic sent me this photo from his Bachelor's Party. I just wanna thank you all for making him SOOOOO happy! Good job guys!!!!!! God bless you all!!!" (pep.ph)
3. U.K. Prime Minister wants parents to attend parenting classes The U.K. is planning to introduce a voucher system to help parents be able to attend parenting classes. Prime Minister David Cameron sees the need for parents to be taught how to properly discipline their kids, and how to behave around them. The voucher system is part of a 70-million-pound government investment in relationship counseling to help families stay together. It will enable parents to get incentives for attending parenting classes. (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
4. No link between contraceptive pill and birth defects A new large-scale study published its findings in the medical journal BMJ. Researchers examined nearly 900,000 live births in Denmark and found no association or correlation whatsoever between taking birth control pills and birth defect in babies. Among the participants, one-fifth of the women had never used the pill, while more than two-thirds stopped at least three months before becoming pregnant. The risk for birth defects in the babies of women who had never used the pill and those who had used them remained the same. (inquirer.net)
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
5. Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whitely are engaged!
Reps for "The Expendables" actor Jason Statham and "Transformers" star Rosie Huntington-Whitely have confirmed their engagement after the model-turned-actress was seen sporting an engagement ring at the Golden Globe Awards night yesterday. The two just spent a romantic getaway in Phuket, Thailand. Congratulations! (eonline.com)