1. The Hunger Games star Sam Clafin is going to be a dad!
At the London premiere of the much-awaited last installment of The Hunger Games franchise, The Hunger Games: MockingJay Part 2, actor Sam Clafin and his wife English actress Laura Haddock revealed that they are expecting their first child. Sam, who plays Finnick Odair in the book-to-movie adaptations, cradled Laura's baby bump as they posed for photos. The two tied the knot in 2013 after two years of dating. Congratulations! (people.com)
3. Nurses invent C-Section drape for easier skin-to-skin contact Nurses Kimberly Jarrell, Deborah Burbic, and Jess Niccoli came up with the idea of making a C-section drape that allows women who give birth via C-section to have immediate skin-to-skin contact with their baby. The regular C-section drape usually blocks the mother's view of what's happening and delays contact with their baby. The "skin-to-skin C-section drape" has a re-sealable hole so the baby can be passed through as soon as she is born. The drape can then be closed again to maintain the sterility of the operation. It is currently being tested in three hospitals in America. (huffingotnpost.co.uk)
3. First Look: Alice Through the Looking Glass
The sequel to Disney and Tim Burton's live-action Alice in Wonderland starring Mia Wasikowska as Alice, Johnny Depp as The Mad Hatter, and Helena Bonham Carter as The Red Queen finally has a trailer. In Alice Through the Looking Glass, it has been a long time since Alice has been gone (and five years after the first film premiered). Now she has to face Sasha Baron Cohen as Time. With James Bobin behind the lens this time, it looks like an exciting film. Alice Through The Looking Glass will hit theaters in May 2016. (ew.com)
4. Eddie Murphy is going to be a dad again! Daddy Day Care is in business again. Comedy Fifty-four-year-old actor Eddie Murphy is going to be dad again--for the ninth time! (Yes, you read that right!) He and longtime girlfriend, Australian model Paige Butcher, are expecting their first child together. Eddie is already a dad to five kids with his ex-wife Nicole Mitchell Murphy. Plus, he also has 25-year-old son with ex-girlfriend Tamara Hood and an eight-year-old daughter with Spice Girl Mel B. Congratulations! (eonline.com)
5. Dads are more effective in bedtime storytelling New research has found that children benefit more from their dads reading them bedtime stories than their moms. This is because of the "imaginative discussions" that dads have with their kids during storytelling. The new study found that women are more likely to pose factual questions while dads use abstract one. It is particularly more beneficial for kids under two years old, as it cognitively challenges the way they think. (telegraph.co.uk)