1. How will Vic Sotto's children address his wife Pauleen? After the much-talked-about wedding of veteran TV host Vic Sotto to co-host Pauleen Luna, 27, last January 30, Danica Sotto-Pingris, 32, answered questions about her relationship with her dad's new wife. "Why do people make a big deal on what I’m going to call her?" she wonders. "Matanda na kami. Hindi na namin siya kailangang tawaging Mommy. Siyempre, I’m older. Ang weird naman, bakit Mom. Siguro if she were older than me, baka 'Tita' as [a] sign of respect." She said she will simply call her Pauleen, adding, "Hindi naging isyu ‘yan, sa amin ni Pauleen at saka kay Daddy." She wishes the newlyweds well, saying "Ang prayer ko sa kanila, itong wedding nila will be a testimony sa ibang tao at sa lahat ng nagsasabi kay Daddy na wala na siyang pag-asa, sa lahat ng taong naghusga." (pep.ph)
2. St. Luke's Medical Center establishes the first-ever Urgent Care Satellite Clinic in the country The St. Luke's Urgent Care Clinic has launched a free-standing, privately-owned facility that provides immediate care and prompt medical attention for non-emergency conditions and cases that are not critical or life-threatening. Located at the ground floor of Five ECom Center Building at the Mall of Asia Complex in Pasay City, it provides a full spectrum of medical services ranging from primary care to occupational health care 24/7, with no appointments necessary. The facility is manned by highly-skilled and experienced physicians, nurses and other health professionals who are equipped to provide medical service to patients of all ages. For more information, call (02) 838-7562.
3. Karolína Kurková promotes #BreastfeedingSelfie campaign with a photo
The Victoria's Secret angel wants to encourage moms to continue breastfeeding despite the challenges -- and she certainly knows about them as a mom to two kids, Tobin Jack, 6, and Noah, 2 months old. To do this, she posted a breastfeeding selfie two days ago and captioned it, "Taking a moment today to give thanks for the gift of breastfeeding. Nature had things figured out long before we did and I believe there is no better source of nutrition for our babies than a mother’s milk, when we are able to breastfeed. It’s not an easy process, but I encourage you to not give up! It was challenging for me at the start, but I am loving every step of this journey. I celebrate the women who have made this beautiful commitment!!I would love to see your #breastfeedingselfie, post or tag a friend who is #breastfeeding XOXO". (people.com)
4. Lea Salonga's father passes away Internationally-acclaimed theater actress Lea Salonga, who is currently starring in the new Broadway musical "Allegiance", posted a short message on Twitter yesterday to bid her late father goodbye. "Rest in peace, Dad," she captioned a photo of the Obituary page of the Philippine Star that announces the passing of Rear Admiral Feliciano G. Salonga, PCGA last Friday, January 29. He was 86. (abs-cbnnews.com)
5. Moms who are obese and diabetic have increased chances of having kids with autism Obesity and diabetes are a bad mix, especially for women who wish to become mothers. A new study suggests that the likelihood of them having a child with autism are four times higher than among their healthier counterparts. "The finding is not a total surprise," says study author Dr. Xiaobin Wang, director of the Center on Early Life Origins of Disease at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. "Many studies have shown that maternal obesity and diabetes have an adverse impact on developing fetuses and their long-term metabolic health." The research hopes to send a positive health message and increase awareness on the importance of a healthy weight among would-be parents. (webmd.com)