A reliable backpack should always be an investment piece because it is versatile. It makes vacationing with the kids easier (go hands-free!), and it can alternatively make a great school bag for kuya or ate during the school year. A good backpack is worth every penny if it lasts your teen's whole college life. We think the following knapsacks fit the bill based on these 5 qualities:
1. Expandable If you want backpacks that work well as a school or weekend bag, look for those designed with the extra space like the Aevor Daypack. It can expand from 18 to 28 liters, has coated metal hooks, made from 50 percent recycled fabrics, and it has a dedicated laptop compartment.
Aevor Daypack (Flicker Mint Coral)
2. Gadget friendly Parents and teens alike now need a bag to keep gadgets like phones, tablets and laptops, and has safety for these in mind. Choose a backpack with ample compartments that will help organize your gadgets. Side-pockets are useful, too, for carrying a water bottle and fodable umbrella. Try the STM Trestle 13" laptop backpack, which, in addition the above, is lightweight and compact.
3. Weather-resistant In our country, a weather-resistant backpack is a must. Try PKG's Dri Collection bags, which keep digital devices dry, thanks to a waterproof 3-ply laminate exterior fabric, which and looking good all day long. It’s easy to clean too. This one even has a dedicated laptop compartment.
PKG Dri Collection LB04 (Chocolate Chip)
4. Security If your high schooler or college student commutes to school, consider investing in a backpack with anti-theft features, like Pacsafe Metrosafe. It can protect against slash-and-run theft using stainless steel wire mesh embedded into the fabric. It also has zippers with lockdown points and pockets built with RFID-safe blocking material to deter hacker scanning. (Most passports, credit cards and ID cards now contain a RFID micro-chip that has personal, sensitive information. Identity thieves are able to access this information from up to 10ft away with the help of an RFID reader.)
Pacsafe Metrosafe LS450 Anti-Theft 25L Backpack
5. Style You may be all about function, but your teen will want color or a fun design. Hellolulu’s Sutton All-day Ruckpack is a sturdy and practical bag, but they won't be embarrassed to bring it along during meet-ups with friends and classmates because of its fun style and colors.
Hellolulu Sutton All-day Ruckpack (Khaki/Yellow)
All backpacks available in Urbanize located at Gateway Mall, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, U.P. Town Ayala Mall, Glorietta 3, Uptown BGC, Venice Grand Canal, Alabang Town Center, The District in Imus, Serin in Tagaytay, Solenad 3 in Nuvali, Kiss and Fly NAIA T3 Departure level.