For Moms & Dads

Taking Care of Mom

How to Get a Solo Parent ID

Did you know that single parents have benefits just for them? Find out how to get a Solo Parent ID from DSWD.


Q: Where can I get a solo parent ID and what are the benefits of having one?

A: A solo parent can apply for a Solo Parent Identification Card (Solo Parent ID) from the City/Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office. The comprehensive package of services for solo parents includes livelihood, self-employment and skills development, employment-related benefits, psychosocial, educational, health and housing services. To get a Solo Parent ID, the parent needs to present:

  1. Barangay certificate residency in the area
  2. Documents /evidence that the applicant is a solo parent (e.g. death certificate of spouse, declaration of nullity of marriage, medical certificate (if incapacitated)
  3. ITR or certification for the barangay/municipal treasurer


For more information on solo parent ID, visit the DSWD (Department of Social Welfare and Development) website FAQs regarding the Solo Parent ID.

Send your questions to [email protected]


Photography by Jun Pinzon


Do you have tips and information to share about getting a Solo Parent ID? Please fill up the comment form below.


Post a Comment
Security Image Security Image [change]
NOTE: This is a moderated site. Posts will not appear immediately.
  • Guest 4 months ago
    Hi, I'm a solo parent. We agreed to not marry each other (because he has issues in life). We no longer communicate. My son is with me. The father of my son in not yet dead nor incapacitated. How can I get a solo parent ID if #2 does not apply?
  • Guest 4 months ago
    I am a single parent with 3 kids the eldest finished already in college and now the two were in college also and I am working as ofw.Can I avail this solo parent id?
  • Guest 4 months ago
    my friend is a solo parent with 1 yr old baby girl. she gave birth in a foundation in tondo, manila, she's been away for 12 years. she just came back home this april and now he's living with her grandparents. does this solo parent id would help her have a job to support her baby?
  • Guest 8 months ago
    Hi! I am an OFW. Is there a way for me to get a solo parent ID even if I'm away from home?
  • Guest 11 months ago
    im a solo parent but not yet annulled. is this applicable for me?
  • Guest Jul 06 2014 @ 03:23pm
    hi,im a singlemom of 3 child im been seperated to there father almost 15 years with no helps us we survived with my parents help,in a long run years by its now differents and myfather gone were almost hards to coup our daily needs now two only i send in school,even i send them its not enough my salary to paid the tuition and our everyday i write to get a help if you help us i want ones of them could us tel me what i can else to do..thanks,godbless..
  • Guest Sep 11 2013 @ 11:33am
    Anu pong documents ang ipapasa ko as evidence of solo parenting if never been married ako?
  • anababez05 Apr 27 2013 @ 01:32pm
    Here are the steps i went through to apply for a SOLO PARENT ID

    I am from Paranaque City and there is a DSWD office (2nd flr main bldg) located inside the municipal hall. I got my application from the staff and they will be happy to assist you to go through with the requirements needed. (Always get the name of the person you are talking to so that the next time you come back to submit the requirements you have someone to look for. It's easy when you drop names in gov't offices so that they won't make you go back and forth w/ additional requirements) Attached to the form (application for solo parents) are the requirements needed:
    a) Notarized Affidavit of Solo Parent ID - I got mine near the Baranggay Hall along Dona Soledad Prq. P300 (ask for the receipt)
    b)Certificate of Employment
    c)ITR (the girl in the municipal hall said that if i don't have my ITR yet I can submit my 1 month payslip)
    d) Birth Certificate (child/children)
    e)Marriage Contract/Death Certificate - (in my case I don't need to submit one because I'm not married)
    f)Baranggay Certificate (no charge but get an Affidavit 1st and have it photocopied because they require this before releasing a baranggay cert)
    g)Two(2) pcs. 1x1 ID picture of mother
    h) Accomplish the solo parent form.

    Upon completion of all requirements, submit to DSWD office in your Municipal Hall. I hope I was able to help solo parents out there. =)
  • Guest Mar 26 2013 @ 10:34am
    Paano po ako makakakuha ng documento na mgpapatunay na wala akong asawa kung iniwan n ako cmula p nung pngbu2nts ko ang aking baby.
  • Guest Feb 13 2013 @ 07:49pm
    Can my mother get the solo parent ID for me?rnbecause i am here in Europe.rnI need your advice pls.rnthanksrn
  • Guest Jan 30 2013 @ 03:54pm
    Before i have my solo parent id issued in our municipality at pateros but i taguig so were.will i get my new solo parent id
  • Guest Dec 21 2012 @ 12:04pm
    I am a single dad of two kids. Can I also avail the solo parent ID? I am residing in sampaloc manila.. plz can anyone tell me what's the process here or I am qualified to get the solo parent ID as well.
    thank you in advance advance merry xmas and new year.
  • Guest Nov 14 2012 @ 07:24am
    I didn't pay for an affidavit to apply for a solo parent ID card in the city where I reside. The certification issued by my barangay was sufficient aside from the other requirements I did not pay for.
  • Guest Oct 08 2012 @ 05:21pm
    solo parent ID requirements:
    - 1x1 ID picture
    -Birth Certificate of your child
    -Solo parent certificate (obtain FORM from your block leader before you go to the Barangay hall. Solo parent certificate would cost around Php 65.00)
    -affidavit for Solo parent (Obtain from any law office, would cost around Php200.00,)

    ..The processing timeframe is roughly 2-3 weeks after submission in DSWD. It takes time for the mayor of your area to sign up the ID so get a contact number so you can follow up every now and then or else you'd waste your time going to-and-fro in claiming your ID.

    Hope this helps.
  • Guest Sep 22 2012 @ 02:59pm
    Good day! I am single mother of a 3 year old partner left me when i was 2 months pregnant..i ahve finished a degree but since i got preg i ahve bee out of im staying with my can i avail the solo parent therea possibility for me to get a job..or maybe a livelihood so we i can support my son...
    thank you..hope to get a response from you..i ahve sent my email address.
  • Guest Sep 09 2012 @ 12:07pm
    Hello, I am single mom for 4 1/2 years. I am working and my son lives with my sister and her family. I visit my son during off and pay day. I am separated but not legally filed. I don't have any communication with my husband since we've separated. Is it possible for me to get a SOLO parent ID? What are the possible documents that i should get for me to prove that I am a single mom? I hope i can get an answer on my inquiry. Thank you and more power
  • Guest Jul 15 2012 @ 05:33pm
    I'm a single parent and i have a child who is four years old now In my case i have a child but don't have a father, because my child was born out of marriage.when my boyfriend found out that i was pregnant he disappear and give all his responsibility to me. can i avail the benefit?
  • Guest Jun 09 2012 @ 01:22pm
    Good Day... im 33 yrs of age single mother of 3 kids.... i have a question to ask regarding on how to avail and apply a single parent id... and how much it cost...thank you and god bless
  • Guest Jun 07 2012 @ 10:28am
    im 23 year old single mom and i have 3 kids...this is a good news for me since i cant work because nobody can take care of my i hope i could avail of that id
  • Guest May 16 2012 @ 07:15pm
    hi, i have a question to ask regarding on how to apply a single parent id... what if the mother is in abroad and need the said id to process the visa of the child...can i apply in phil embassy? plz can anyone answer me...plz....
  • Guest May 15 2012 @ 04:05am
    I just want to know if solo parent id is also included for a solo father? In my case i have a child but don't have a mother, also due to documentation, my child is not under my name, but she is living with me since birth, i was just wondering if i can get a solo parent id? or do i have to change her name first which is very hard since it wil be an adoption process?
  • matherezayadao May 14 2012 @ 10:36am
    hi, I'm also a solo parent and a mother of my 3 month old baby... I not working right now cause I have found someone to take of daughter yet... I was hoping to check on the benefits that would help me raise my child on my on but I've been checking details on the internet how to get the ID, but I have seen something that really helped me get through the process... I did try asking our brgy captain about this, but apparently she doesn't have much knowledge about it. any help about this topic will do. thanks!
  • Guest May 03 2012 @ 11:51pm
    Hi.i am a single mother,no work,am I still entitled to this benefit?Thank you...
    Hope someone replies me..
  • Guest Jan 16 2012 @ 01:47pm
    I've been using the solo parent privileged and this year they have a new process of renewing. Before they only need a barangay certificate but now you should also need to get a affidavit of solo parent from your city councilor which you also need to go to manila city call (in my case I got it from Jong Isip) then a barangay certificate if you have this 2 certificates then you can renew your solo parent card (but this time not sure how many months again I need to wait for the new card).
    Hope this helps for a solo parent just like me.
  • Guest Nov 24 2011 @ 04:53pm
    gud pm i just wanna ask if i am eligible to avail the solo parent id i dont have supporting papers because my child was born out of marriage.when my boyfriend found out that i was pregnant he disappear with out any talk.
  • Guest Oct 21 2011 @ 04:41am
    good day! nni read the requirements to apply for this. just wanted to ask, like my case, its just a verbal agreement between me and the father that i dont want to get married and for us not to live together. But the father is financially supporting my daughter. Am I still eligible to apply for the solo parent leave?
  • Oki Nawa Aug 25 2011 @ 09:45am
    Im not annulled yet, am I still be entitled to this benefit?
  • maPULA Jun 13 2011 @ 11:17pm
    can a father apply for SOLO PARENT ID?
  • Guest Jun 01 2011 @ 07:30am
    I believe you're still entitled to a 7-day solo parent leave as long as you have an ID
  • Guest Mar 29 2011 @ 10:14pm
    pls. i just want to ask i am currently working with a private small private company in ortigas and i am already working for more than a yr now... i have 7 days leave 3 sick leave 3 vacation leave and 1 emergency leave... am i still or can i still use the solo parent leave since i am a single parent for almost more than 2 yrs. now.. pls help me answer my questions. tnx..
  • melai Aug 19 2010 @ 02:45pm
    I heard that requirements vary depending on the municipality. I myself am a solo parent. When I heard about this benefit, I called our barangay hall to ask about the process. They informed me that the process begins with DSWD and I have to proceed to the municipal hall before they release any document to me. I have been trying to reach DSWD. However, it has been difficult getting through. DSWD's website does not have any info about the solo parent act. Hopefully there would be a clearer picture (process, requirements) on how we could go about this, especially for working solo parents.
  • magilas Jul 22 2010 @ 03:39pm
    Solo parents are given additional paid days off by their employers. The rationale for this privilege is for the parent to have some time off for his/her child, for bonding with each other, for medical check-ups and vaccinations and additional rest days for the parent since he/she is the only/main caregiver of his/her child. I would like to write about a follow up about this topic. I see that there are other articles on this but a more comprehensive discussion will further enlighten our solo parents out there.
1 to 20 of 33