For the experience of it, its nice to get atleast a nights stay at the HK Disneyland Hotel and then splurge some more, avail of the buffet breakfast (Kids under 3 eat free).
My son was just 3 when we went there and he was so amaze with the place. My husband told him that the hotel was owned by Mickey himself and it was Goofy who cooked the food (My son loves Mickey and Goofy).
(1) Wear your comfort shoes.
(2) The Bus drop off at the HK Disneyland park is quite far from the park itself. If you are toggling a toddler along, you will end up carrying the kiddo halfway. So, if you have handy/light weight umbrella stroller, you might consider bringing it to HK.
(3) Stuffs inside the park are so expensive. Disney items here in the PI are actually cheaper. I bought my Disney souveniers at the HK Airport.
(4) Dont forget your camera (stiill and video). Make sure you have spare batteries. We were there the whole day, taking pictures and videos, by the time the fireworks began, our video battery is already drained. Sayang talaga. We only got pictures of the firework
(5) Take pictures with the Disney mascots. They have a lot of picture ops in the park, but I think the place to take pictures is in the "garden area". Have the picture made into a key chain. Its a nice brag item, since its easily noticed when I carry it around. I think its one of my best buys and its not even P500bucks.
If it is your first time in HK, I would recommend you visit the following places:
- HKMuseums (they have a handful, but the best is their Science Museum)
- Night market
- Ocean Park
- Brand outlets (in my first trip to HK, mga 6 pairs of shoes yata naiuwi ko). If you intend to go shopping, bring lang a few pieces of clothing, pero bring all your maletas. Tapos punuin nyo pauwi. Just be careful not to exceed the luggage quota per passenger.
BTW, if you are all adults naman, suggest you ask about the shen-shen tour. It is a 30-35 minutes by bullet train from HK downtown. Items there are a lot cheaper, its like a 168 here in Manila. You can haggle, then when you haggle pag sinabi sa iyo a 100, kalahati agad itawad mo. They would say no at first, but ater a while pag palabas ka na, they would call you back and give it to you at the price you want.