Parentchat

Author Topic: RH Bill, Anti or Pro?  (Read 12305 times)

nylej20

• mother of twins...
    • View Profile
RH Bill, Anti or Pro?
« on: May 14, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »
mga mommies, ano po stand nyo sa RH bill, pro ba kayo or anti?
Happy Mom

chinadoll

• "I believe in the faith that grows..."
    • View Profile
Re: RH Bill, Anti or Pro?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 02:02:11 PM »
There is a lot of buzz re this and for me one cannot say if one is pro or anti without first knowing all the details about the bill and its parameters.

I do agree with the couple's choice on deciding the best form of birth control and being responsible in family planning. It is ultimately the woman who knows what is best for her body and the spacing she needs for each birth. This means being fully aware of the consequences and benefits of their informed choice.

I also agree on certain points such as there are already existing forms of birth control but what we really need to do is to implement them more strictly and making the general public more aware of their choices.
It also means more discipline and responsibility as a couple not just for their offspring/s but for the entire nation which will be directly affected by the choices they make.

Question: Do we really need more public funding to go into condoms and other forms of contraception that will benefit businessmen and maybe a cause for corruption?

Her are a few things I am sure of:

I do not agree with abortion or killing the formed egg just to counter population growth.

I also do not agree with children getting sexually active and acting irresponsible.

I believe that sexual intercourse is sacred and is a gift from God that deserves His blessing.
I believe that is the responsibility of every couple to be aware, disciplined and committed to their choices before going into this consequential act.

Yes, faith plays largely on this decision. What works for one may not be for the other.

Natural family planning, abstinence, (withdrawal) and the calendar method are some options for those with a heavy Catholic upbringing and not in favor of artifical forms of contraception.

Visit your nearest friendly Family First Clinic or Baranggay Health Clinic.
Read up and Research on your options.
Find out more about the birth control patch.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 02:03:43 PM by chinadoll »

RH BILL : yes or no?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 01:39:50 AM »
Just want to hear your opinions mga mommies. Our government is focused on this topic, and they trying to a pass a law againts family planning.
"A person should not be too honest... Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first. "

Mlabable

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 01:40:27 AM »
Yan din ang tanong ko sa sarili ko. Anti or Pro? Minsan kasi pag may nagpaliwanag sa akin ng ganito ganyan naiiba ang stand ko. Mahirap talaga ang issue ng RH Bill, siguro kasi di ako well-informed kung ano talaga ang proposition ng RH Bill.

Basta ang sure lang ako ay eto --
* Say NO to Abortion
* Sex Education (Ok lang sa akin to kung highschool na ang students)
* Choice ng parents if they opted for natural or artificial contraceptives
* Responsible Parenting

I'm using pills before (Yasmin) pero parang namulat ako sa isang post ni Daddy Jojo about pills na parang abortion rin ng baby yung process na ginagawa ng OCP kaya nag Calendar Method kami ni hubby for 3 months na.
Farrell, My Precious Son

You have been an inspiration, and will always will be.
You are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.
Your life has given me something I will never, ever lose.
I will do anything for your sake, because you are my precious.

Mommy_Cathz

• Who says that being a mother is an easy task?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 07:23:10 AM »

Basta ang sure lang ako ay eto --
* Say NO to Abortion
* Sex Education (Ok lang sa akin to kung highschool na ang students)
* Choice ng parents if they opted for natural or artificial contraceptives
* Responsible Parenting

Yan din ang stand ko regarding with RH BILL and in addition to that dapat magkaroon sila ng proper guidance kung paano at kanino pwede at hindi pwede  mag-avail ng mga over the counter medicines like pills. hindi naman kasi lahat ng pills eh pwede sa atin mga babae, case to case basis pa rin ito...

Natural family planning ang gamit namin ng husband ko. For me as long na maaalagaan ang buong welfare ng buong pamilya lalo at higit ng mga mommies at ating mga babies... why not. Ako kasi na niniwala na masmalaki na kasalanan sa DIYOS kung hindi natin maalagaan at mai-aayos ang buhay ng mga magiging anak natin. Plus the fact na dapat ang pagpla-plano ng pamilya should be discussed by both side (husband and wife) hindi pwede na iisa lang dun sa couple ang gusto magplano at yung isa eh nasa "pwede na yan" mode.
We never know the love of the parent until we become parents ourselves.

chinadoll

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 09:26:52 AM »
Me to we practise abstinence, natural planning, withdrawal, calendar method.

I do not like the effects of contraceptives like pills. I have bad headaches and do not like the long term effects of this too.

ainge88

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 11:08:52 AM »
I'm planning to take the natural way din kasi panget side effects sakin ng injectables. Plus I do think it is abortifacient :(

Ang ayoko lang sa RH Bill is it will be another way para mangurakot ang mga taga gobyerno. Sayang ang pondo kung hindi magagamit ng maayos.

In the end ang tao naman ang magdedecide kung ano ang gusto nila na family planning. Tsaka I think there's nothing new to the bill (at least from what I've read.)

Pero there are some points sa RH Bill na sumasangayon ako.

I think grade 5 is ok for sex ed. Masyado na fast paced ang mga bata ngayon. They get information everywhere! My brother na grade 2 and 5 already knows the meaing of blowj*b *shock* they know what going down means. When I as them where did they find out about that, sabi sa classmates, friends.hindi naman forte ng parents ko mag "s*x talk" ayaw nila. Nahihiya siguro. So better sa school manggaling. IMO lang.

As long as there is no abortion and the funds will go to where it is supposed to go (asa na lang) ok lang naman sakin RH Bill.

J0

• Choose life! Contraceptives kill babies and women!
    • View Profile
    • Parenting, Education, Travel, Safety, Photography and Emergency/Disaster Preparedness
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 04:27:41 PM »
I am against this bill because it kills women and children

I am very disgusted by it that I don't even want to call it a name.

I have read the versions of the bill by Rep. Hontiveros and Rep. Lagman.  I am finding time this week to read the new version (Bill 4244 ba yun)

Kung makalusot ang bill na ito.  Magpoprotesta ako at di ako magbabayad ng buwis.  Handa akong magkulong kung kasuhan ako ng Sedition.

Papayag po ba tayo na gamitin ang buwis na ibinayad natin para ipambili ng contraceptives na papatay sa mga kababaihan at sa mga anak natin?

Full Size: http://filipinosforlife.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/abortifacient-pills-poster-3v-max-res.jpg

Sana po ma-realize ng lahat na hindi choice ang pumatay.

Huwag po sana tayong magpaloko.  Let's empower ourselves with knowledge and information.

Alamin po sana natin ang katotohanan tungkol sa Fertility at Conception.

Mas madalas po, hindi naman posibleng mabuntis...dahil 3-5 days lang Fertile ang mga babae.

Sa impormasyon pa lang na ito, malalaman natin na useless ang gumamit ng artificial birth control.

Solusyon: Sana ay mas pondohan ang pagbibigay ng ganitong impormasyon at edukasyon tungkol sa Fertility at Conception.

Sana maging empowered po tayo at well-informed tungkol sa Natural Family Planning

Ang pinakasimpleng paraan para malaman kung pwede bang mabuntis ay ang pag-observe sa cervical mucus tuwing umaga, pagbangon.  Kung wala, hindi mabubuntis...kung meron at stretchy, pwedeng mabuntis (Two-Day Method, Ovulation/Cervical Mucus Method)

Solusyon 1: Sana ay mas ilagay ang budget sa pagtuturo ng Natural Family Planning Methods.  Marami po ang mga ito: Basal Body Temperature Method (BBT), Ovulation Method (OM), SymptoThermal Method (STM), Lactational Ammenhorrea method (LAM), Standard Days Method (SDM), Two-Day Method at iba pa.

Solusyon 2: Sana ang mas bilhin o pababain ang presyo ay Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPK).  Makakatulong ito para malaman kung fertile o hindi.

Maging malaya po sana ang ating mga pagiisip at malaman natin ang katotohan sa likod ng Artificial Birth Control.

Ang Artificial Birth Control ay nagdudulot ng sakit.  Pakitingnan na lang ang product insert o literature ng inyong contraceptive brand.  Dapat ay malinaw na pinaliwanag ito ng Ob-Gyn.

Halibawa, nasa product insert ng Trust ang side effects...they just try to make it less alarming by saying na rare cases daw ang mga adverse reactions na ito:

"headaches, gastric upsets, nausea, vomiting, impaired appetite, a feeling of tension in the breasts, changes in body weight, changes in libido, and depressive moods. Liver damage...toxic hepatosis...clotting disorders, high blood pressure, stroke and liver disorders...heart diseases and increased risk of breast and cervical cancer."
http://www.tfp.com.ph/resources/trustpill_insert.pdf

May kasama tayo dito sa Smart Parenting na nagsabi na although wala siyang naramdaman na side effects, nagkaroon naman siya ng stones sa gall bladder.

"I've been taking pills for 5 to 6 yrs and no side effects were felt, but that's what I thought.. not until after 6 yrs, nakaroon ng stones sa gall bladder ko at kailangan tanggalin kaagad due to complications. As per the Dr, taking pills is one of the reasons daw kaya I stopped it at once."

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parentchat/index.php?topic=20910.msg312042#msg312042

Dagdagan po natin ang ating kaalaman.  Heto po ang video na pwede nating panoorin.

Video stream of ABS-CBN's Harapan "RH-Bill::Ipasa o Ibasura"
http://bidabestkapamilya.blogspot.com/2011/05/harapan-rh-bill-ipasa-o-ibasura-may-8.html

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:45:54 PM by Daddy Jojo »

chinadoll

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 09:06:53 AM »
Thanks again Daddy Jojo for this very insightful, enlightening and empowering information!

leisison

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 10:01:32 AM »
Interesting discussion moms and dads.  Can you kindly vote on our poll?

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/community/polls/

Thank you!

ysLim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 10:28:17 AM »
anti RH here. we have access to contraceptives naman. it's just a matter of educating the public.

Mommyjazz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 10:49:12 AM »
I'm actually divided. I can't wait to watch the debate on GMA on Sunday night.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:14:20 PM by Mommyjazz »

ainge88

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 11:32:57 AM »
Oooh! Me too Mommyjazz! Last time I think the anti rh won the debate.

Did anyone get to watch the interpellation of pacqiuao? Was it really that bad??

chinadoll

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 01:22:12 PM »
Interesting Read -
Blog: Musings on the RH Bill
Posted by: tasyo
Date: 2010-10-05
by Rowena Anthea Azada-Palacios

First of all, let's get two things straight:

(1) Even if this bill gets signed into law, induced abortion will still be illegal.
(2) Even if this bill doesn't get signed into law, artificial contraception will still be legal.

So let's get rid of the straw men crowding the issue.  The supporters of the bill are not, in this instance, calling for the legalization of abortion.  The critics of the bill are not, in this instance, calling for the banning of artificial contraception.

==========

Yes, this is an issue of choice.  I argue, however, that BOTH sides of the debate are arguing for choice.

Those who support the bill argue that the bill is about giving all Filipinos the choice to personally and privately decide for themselves which form of contraception they wish to use, if any.  It is a freedom that is currently afforded to the segment of the population that has more access to information--the most educated and most literate--who have wider access to information.

I think many (most?) of those who support the bill are, in effect, saying that the same choice should be made available to everyone in the populace.  They are saying that since there are many in the population who do not have access to information in the way that the most educated do, the government ought to fill in that space by mandating that the information be included in the curriculum, through Family Planning offices (to be created by the bill), and through the Commission on Population (also to be created by the bill).

To extend the issue further.  While the bill reemphasizes the illegality of induced abortions, some proponents of the bill argue that the bill will actually LOWER the numbers of illegal abortions by lowering the numbers of unwanted pregnancies.

==========

Those who criticize the bill are also arguing for choice.  The bill does make very clear value statements: it considers population control and birth spacing to be desirable, and it associates contraception (both natural and artificial) with the goal of lowering the country's population.  It prohibits both private and public doctors from refusing to perform voluntary ligations and vasectomies.  It also adds artificial contraception--including pills and intrauterine devices--to the list of "essential medicines."

I think many (most?) of those who criticize the bill are arguing that they do not want these values and viewpoints--which they do not hold--to become "official state policy."  Those who criticize the bill might disagree with the views expressed therein regarding birth spacing or population control.  The critics might also object to many of the kinds of contraception being promoted by the bill, and they may not want their tax money to be used to purchase these forms of contraception for others (which becomes a strong possibility, if these will now be considered "essential medicines").

On the issue of abortion, then.  There are those who argue, then, that the passage of the bill will push the State to promote and possibly subsidize potentially abortifacient forms of contraception (such as pills and IUDs), using taxpayers' money.

http://www.ateneo.edu/soh/global/module.php?LM=articles.detail&id=1286278512160

Mommyjazz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 01:26:05 PM »
Just now I saw an excerpt of J. Soho's interview with Lea Salonga, sila daw ni Manny ang pinaglalaban or pambato ng both debating team. I'm not sure if Lea will participate on the debate but Manny made a special appearance.

I haven't  read the RH bill yet but I hope the anti-RH will discuss the same things Daddy Jojo is explaining, on why it can be a form of abortion, that contraceptives doesn't always work and that the formed cells gets flushed out . What I know is, the church is fighting for the concept that life starts when the cells merge and form. Others think that it's when the heart starts beating. This is the part of the debate I'm looking forward to. I hope they touch on it.

Search in Smart Parenting

Our Partner Sites