';

Parent Chat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Learn more about the importance of promoting and strengthening early childhood education in the Philippines today by attending the 1st Philippine Summit on Early Childhood Education.

Author Topic: late development  (Read 590 times)

Beneve Dawal

• View Profile
late development
« on: January 07, 2017, 03:47:39 PM »

Hi mga moms! gusto ko lang malaman if my son is late development. till now kasi hindi pa sya nag talk ng pulido and hindi din nakikipag communicate. my sakit po ba sya? hindi ko pa po kasi sya nadadala sa pedia. meron ba kayong mairerecomend na pedia for developmental. thankyou!

hindi ko pa sya pinapasok sa school because of his condition.  :-[

Karen Peneyra

• View Profile
Re: late development
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 04:18:25 PM »

How old is your child? I had my 3-y/o son (then) screened at Medical City and he had basic assessment and a test provided to him. The screening costs P1,450 and papaschedule muna sa Center for Developmental Pediatrics department.

If your child has failed in their eval, they will recommend a devped for further assessment and evaluation (appointment can take weeks to months wait time) and will give you a referral for an audio brainstem response test to completely rule out any hearing problems.

You may also check out FB groups for support, mostly from US and UK whose mommies have kids with similar developmental issues (specifically late talkers) like Apraxia, MERLD and Hyperlexia fb groups. Unfortunately, wala pa ako nahahanap na support group like them nandito sa atin.

joanalpny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 11:59:03 AM »

My daughter is 2 1/2 years old and still can't make a conversation. Sobrang kaunti words alam na hindi mo naman maintindihan. Read a lot about autism and some signs can be seen sa daughter ko. I am still hoping she's just delayed on speech.  :'(

Karen Peneyra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 09:12:41 PM »

Kiddos who are late talkers do not necessarily have autism. And most of the children who were diagnosed with autism or under the the spectrum do overcome their diagnosis.

So don't lose hope! Just be patient with your little one, give him lots of support and understanding. Please read books by Dr. Stephen Camarata/ articles about Apraxia, Mixed Expressive & Responsive Language disorder and Hyperlexia dahil malaking tulong ang parental involvement sa pag-improve ng social and communication skills ng ating mga anak =)

Early intervention is also important. Kaya magpaappointment na din po sa isang developmental pediatrician. Hugs to you, mommies.