If you’re a parent of a newborn — especially for the first time — you know that your little one’s safety is among your top priorities. Whether awake or asleep, you want to make sure that your baby is 100% secure and free from potential danger or harm.
Thankfully, there are numerous baby and childcare products out there that can help us parents keep our kids safe. One such product is the HALO SleepSack wearable blanket, which is particularly geared towards helping babies sleep safely.
What is a “wearable blanket”? The HALO SleepSack wearable blanket is the perfect replacement for loose blankets that can cover your little one’s face and interfere with his or her breathing. All you need to do is slip it on to your baby and zip it up!
This means you can do away with baby blankets and comforters, which, aside from being costly, can also pose a danger to infants if they accidentally cover themselves while they are asleep.
The truth is that a safe sleep environment does not require any beddings, pillows or blankets.
“Bumper pads should not be used in cribs. There is no evidence that bumper pads prevent injuries, and there is a potential risk of suffocation, strangulation or entrapment.”
“Keep soft objects or loose bedding out of the crib. This includes pillows, blankets, and bumper pads.”
Thus, innovative products like HALO’s SleepSack — when used properly — can even help reduce a baby’s risk for SIDS.
HALO SleepSack’s special features What makes the HALO SleepSack unique? Here are some of its features as described in the acronym “N.I.C.E.”:
1. Non-toxic and hypoallergenic HALO uses “only premium and non-toxic materials that are guaranteed safe for babies.” The SleepSack comes in two types of fabric: 100% cotton and microfleece. The former is more suited for areas with generally warm climates, such as here in the Philippines.
2. Investment for the long-term Each HALO SleepSack is designed to fit your little angel for a good while — longer than most baby items like shirts, booties and mittens. This means greater value for your purchase — a great investment indeed.
Also, since the SleepSack provides all that your baby needs for a comfortable, safe sleep, you don’t need to purchase loose crib bedding sets and other non-essential items. This translates to more savings for your family.
3. Certified 100% safe for babies All HALO products (there are three other items aside from the wearable blanket) are tested by Intertek Testing Services, a world-class lab, and meet the requirements given by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) on lead levels and flammability of clothing and textiles.
In addition to this, HALO uses only Oeko-Tex ® Standard 100 Class 1 certified fabrics and components. Oeko-Tex ® is a globally uniform testing and certification system for textiles to confirm that they contain no harmful substances and chemicals.
4. Easy-to-use The HALO SleepSack is designed such that it is easy for parents to use:
- Its sleeveless design makes it easier for parents to slip the SleepSack on and off their babies — even when they are asleep. (It also helps reduce the risk of overheating.)
- The SleepSack’s inverted zipper makes diaper changes easy.
- The “Back is Best” message on the front of every SleepSack reminds parents and/or caregivers to put babies to sleep on their backs.
Mother's Day offer exclusively for Smart Parenting readers In celebration of Mother's Day, Halo Philippines is offering an exclusive discount to the Smart Parenting community.
When ordering from their website, www.halophilippines.com, key in "SPxHALO" under "promo code" and you will immediately get P250 off your total bill. The offer is valid only for orders on the Halo Philippines website for the entire month of May, and could not be used in conjunction with other promotions.