Entering preschool is one of the most memorable firsts in your child's life, and it is a momentous occasion for the whole family. After all, this milestone is your child's stepping stone to learn and discover the big universe out there. It's also a stressful time because no parent wants to make the wrong decision.
While there are many factors to consider when selecting your child's first school, from location to school fees to the "right age," there isn't a right or wrong school. It's about picking one that works for your child and family, one that you feel will leave your child with a good and fun impression of learning. It's a choice that you are satisfied can be an extension of your home.
There are a few reasons why parents decide to enroll children in preschools and child programs as early as 3-6 months or at 1-2 years old. They want to:
see their kids interact with children of the same age
have their kids learn to read and write early
complement home learning with structured and monitored play in a different environment from the home
teach their kids to recognize other people of authority (teachers and other parents) aside from his parents
instill early independence
see them gain more friends
make sure their kids have a productive time learning new things every day
Also, get your documents ready! Here are the usual requirements for most schools (some items may not be required by some schools while others require more documents):
Birth certificate of the child
Baptismal Certificate (for some Catholic schools)
Marriage Certificate (unless single parent or unmarried)
Photo of the child (1x1)
Accomplished Application Form (from the school)
Doctor's certificate (the school usually provides this)
Below is a list of possibilities of preschool education for your child's first school. While many big schools offer preschool levels, these schools have a smaller class population. (Please note that this isn’t an all-encompassing directory. But it can hopefully help you decide how much money to set aside if you’re looking at a particular educational system. Note that the fees included are as of September 2017. The schools are listed randomly.)
1. Explorations 928 Luna Mencias cor. Socorro Fernandez St., Addition Hills, Mandaluyong City This progressive preschool, which has operated in the industry for almost 20 years, has programs for 1.3 years old to 5.5 years old with after-school programs like Chinese classes, reading classes, ballet classes, and taekwondo classes.
Annual fees: P150,000 to P160,000 Inquiries: For admission procedure, click here. You can inquire for school year 2018-2019 as early as now. Enrollment for new students start third week of November. Call 724-3320 or 0917-5413320 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Alphabet House Creative Learning Center 138 Hoover St. corner P. Guevarra, San Juan City The school, founded 15 years ago, accepts children from 1.8 years old to 5 years old. Its programs aim to not only mold children who are good academically but also help them be socially, emotionally, and spiritually mature.
Annual fees: P95,000-P98,000 Inquiries: Call 722-0018 or 664-5544 or e-mail email@example.com
3. Rainbow Room Learning Center Children's Center, Tivoli Garden Clubhouse, Tivoli Garden Residence,s Mandaluyong City (Tivoli Campus) and 117 Martinez St. Mandaluyong City (Martinez Campus) It has programs and classes from 2 to 5.11 years old with extra-curricular classes like art, play, and music and movement. The school puts value on learning by doing and building positive skills.
Annual fees: P65,000 to P70,000 for Nursery, Junior Kinder, and Senior Kinder. P50,000-P55,000 for Toddler class. Inquiries: Call admin at 871-4376, 0916-6781592 (Martinez Campus) and 0995-1855889, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
4. Clayton Learning Center 429 Shaw Boulevard cor. A. Mabini St., Mandaluyong City The school has programs and classes including Mandarin for children as young as 7 months (by June) up to 6 years old. It also offers programs and classes for parents and caregivers to strengthen child care and child education. Annual fees: P80,000 to P125,000 Inquiries: Call 722-4133, 723-0819, 718-0631, 0905-2626243 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for inquiries.
5. The Learning Connection 182 Pilar Street, San Juan City This progressive learning center offer enrichment programs for kids from 1.9 to 4+ years old. It aims to create a nurturing environment that fosters natural curiosity.
1. Mulberry Kids Preschool #25 General Malvar Street, San Antonio Village, Pasig City With programs for children from 1.8 years old to 4.8 years old, this preschool adapts the “High/Scope” approach where kids are taught to be “active learners” -- hands-on experiences with people, objects, events, and ideas.
Annual Fees: P58,000 (inclusive of miscellaneous fees) Inquiries: Call 634-5687 and 0908-8883936 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The Red Apple Playschool 100 F. Manalo St. Malinao, Pasig City The school, which opened in 2003, has programs for children 3 to 5.5 years old. Its learning approach combines progressive techniques and traditional methods.
Annual fees: P56,000 (inclusive of miscellaneous fees) Inquiries: Call 748-1155 or email email@example.com
3. Lincolnshire Internationale Preschool G/F Gooldloop Towers, Goldloop St., Ortigas Center Pasig City The school, established in 1997, has programs for children ages 1.5 years old to 5.5 years old. It is also an elementary preparatory school.
Annual fees: Starts at P60,000 Inquiries: Call 687-4360 and 0922-8943003 to 04 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Humpty Dumpty Preschool 15 East Capitol Drive, Kapitolyo, Pasig City The school, founded in 1968, uses a combination of Montessori, progressive and traditional teaching techniques. It accepts students from 3.5 to 5.5 years old.
Annual fees: Starts at P38,000 (inclusive of books, snacks and uniforms) Inquiries: Call 631-4439 or email email@example.com
1. Rosefield School-Paref 10 Campanilla St., New Manila, Quezon City Established in 1986, the school accepts children from 2 to 5 years old. It has a homeschooling collaboration approach with a mix of progressive and traditional methods of learning.
Annual fees: P69,000 to P98,000 Inquiries: Call 725-2183 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. DML Montessori School 46 7th Street, New Manila, Quezon City Managed by the Daughters of St. Mary of Leuca (DML) and established in 1970, the school adheres to Montessori education, Philippine-style, with classes for 3 years old to preschool level.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Annual fees: Starts at P69,700 for 2-year-olds Inquiries: Call 722-4979 or email email@example.com
3. HAND Preschool (formerly MCDC) # 48 Esteban Abada St., Loyola Heights, Quezon City The school offers programs and classes to children from 2 to 6 years old. Its progressive and developmental programs aim to integrate concepts and experience for meaningful life-long learning.
Annual fees: P80,000 to P90,000 Inquiries: Call 426-5468, 0917-5347977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Little Harvard Academy 125 Speaker Perez, Corner N.S. Amoranto (former Retiro), Quezon City This preschool has programs like Kids Enrichment, Arts & Crafts, Modern Dance (Zumba/Hiphop), and Mandarin for 1.5 years old to 4 years old. It also has daycare facilities.
Annual fees: Starts at P90,000 Inquiries: Call255-9851, 899-3168, 0923-1673545 and 0915-8253545 or email email@example.com
5. Gingerbread House of Learning 122 Congressional Avenue, Quezon City This preschool, which accepts children from 10-17 months to 6 years old, has teamed up with The Learning Library and Kindermusik to add to their program offerings.
Annual fees: P85,000-P90,000 Inquiries: Call 426-2903 or message them here.