Just because you're a mom doesn't mean you should stop indulging yourself. It might be more challenging to splurge on yourself when all your shopping money goes to baby stuff. However, there are simple ways to looking regal and oozing with confidence. Heed these tips and upgrade your look:
1. Fill your wardrobe with polished basics Timeless pieces will never fail you. Plus, investing in classic pieces will make mixing and matching super easy.
Try: Iora, at SM Megamall
2. Pay attention to your skin Sure, makeup is there to hide our flaws and highlight our best features, but nothing beats having a flawless complexion. Religiously follow an anti-aging regimen to look glowing and well-rested.
Try: Origins, at SM Makati
3. Get a decent mani-pedi You can opt to have regularly-trimmed bare nails, or treat yourself with a gel manicure -- you won't need to worry about chips for as long as 21 days!
Try: Gelish Manicure, P850, at Nail-a-Holics branches
4. Refine your makeup look Similar to wardrobe choices, sticking to no-makeup looks and neutral or jewel toned hues can radiate a classic beauty. Anything too flashy may take you to tacky territory.
Try: Cargo Cosmetics Essential Lip Color in Napa, P1,050, at Beauty Bar branches>
5. Make time to style your hair Sure, messy hair is the signature hairstyle of celebs, but in real life, if you aim to look polished, you have to keep your mane in place. To look more polished, you may use a straightener for sleek, straight hair, or try the Korean style, C-wave hair.
Try: TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Spray, at department stores
6. Spritz on a perfume with a clean or deep scent Light florals and greens and warm notes will leave a whiff of sophistication. Also, it's okay to splurge on a bottle because most expensive perfumes are made with high-qulaity ingredients, guaranteeing a long-lasting fragrance on your skin the whole day.
Try: Jo Malone Cologne Intense in Dark Amber and Ginger Lily, P10,080, at Greenbelt 5
7. Vow to wear shoes in good condition Clean shoes can tell very well that you value your appearance. If your shoes have cracks or has mud stains, it implies that you don't care at all. Plus, this ruins your whole look, and can instantly make you look cheap
Try: Zalora Block Heel Pumps With Toe Cap, P1,499, at Zalora