The instant answer to look taller is to wear heels, but what if you're not in the mood to sport a three-inch pair, there are other tricks you can turn to.
1. Go with the A-team. Choose a skirt with an A-line silhouette to make your legs appear longer. If you wear a tight skirt that hugs your legs, your gams may shrink and look stout.
2. Drop it like it's crop. Following Sarah Jessica Parker's advice about pants and petite girls, get some leg action when wearing jeans and trousers. Select styles which are cropped at the hem and show the ankle. Floor-length pants may drown a short frame.
3. Flaunt your bum. Select tops that end at the hip bone area. Any top that ends past your bum may engulf the length of your legs.
4. Choose midi over maxi. Favor midi skirts over maxi skirts. Select midi skirts with a high waist and end at the knee.
5. Embrace structure. Loose, droopy tops may slope your shoulders, so blouses, jackets, and blazers with excellent tailoring and fit will suit a petite body.
6. It's in the bag. Carrying a colossal bag will only highlight how petite you are. A medium-sized tote flatters small builds more.
7. If you must wear heals, say no to thick straps. Wearing a pair with thick ankle straps cuts your legs and makes them look chunkier, while one without straps creates a more fluid line. If you must wear strappy heels, pick a pair with delicate and thin straps.