According to a study, 70 percent of women still wear the wrong bra size, and as a result, experience bra fit issues such as: the underband is too small or big, there is double busting, the wires digging in or lifting at breast route, breasts spilling at sides, and the straps digging into shoulders.
Different things affect our breast size: 1. Pregnancy Breasts grow up to two underbands and 4 cup sizes through the pregnancy, with some ladies growing in the early stages, some towards the end, and some all the way through. Measuring should be done 3 times through the pregnancy and two weeks before the baby comes for the right fit of nursing bra.
2. Weight gain or weight loss This changes our breasts instantly as the breast is made up mainly of fat tissues
3. Menstrual cycle The week before your period, some ladies can increase breast sizes, which is normal.
4. Menopause Menopausal ladies generally increase their dress sizes and also their bra size.
How do you know when your lingerie fits you right? Follow these 5 simple checks: 1. The underband should fit snugly around the rib cage on the middle hook, and you should be able to get two fingers under the band 2. The wire should always fit flat against the sternum between your breasts 3. The wire at the side should sit against the rib cage and never on the breast tissue 4. The cup capacity should fully encase the breast without double busting appearing at the front, or spillage at the underarm area 5. The straps should be adjusted individually, allowing two fingers to fit under each strap
Taking these factors into consideration, Marks & Spencer, the major British multinational retailer specializing in the selling of clothing and luxury food products, has created innovative products to cater to different body types and needs. Once you find out the shape of bra that is right for your body shape, it will make buying a bra so much easier.
• Balcony bra - gives maximum uplift and gives fuller shape. It is perfect for a low or dropped bust. • Plunge bra - comes in a modern shape with a smooth finish; gives great cleavage • Push-up bra - pushes the breasts together and is ideal for smaller breasts • Maternity bra - is complete with wide adjustable straps and is non-wired to accommodate the mother's changing shape • Nursing bra - has a drop cup fastening and built-in sling for comfort and support • Multiway bra - provides underwire support when wearing strapless, halterneck, one-shoulder, or crossover back clothes • Sports bra - designed to minimize bounce by giving the proper support, without compromising comfort • T-shirt bra - seam-free, and has moulded cups which give smooth lines and great shape, perfect for everyday wear. • Post-surgery bra - specially-made for women who have undergone surgery (mastectomy or lumpectomy), reduction or enhancement.
Choose the right cup size Choosing the right cup size will not only make you look smaller, it can also help avoid unsightly lumps and bumps in your outerwear. Here are some tips for getting your correct bra size:
1. Find your shape (plunge, balcony or full cup) 2. Do this simple test while wearing a bra: lift your arms up – your bra should stay in place. When leaning forward, your breasts should stay in the bra. 3. Always try on your clothes with the correct bra to check your silhouette. 4. Ask for a bra fitter to help you get it right
M&S Woman 2 per pack Push-up Underwire T-Shirt Bra Price: Php 1650 Available in all stores
Photo 3 of 7
M&S Woman High Impact Padded Sports Bra Price: Php2450 Available in M&S Shangri-La Plaza, Megamall, Alabang Town Center, Glorietta 4, Greenbelt 5, Robinson’s Place Manila, Rockwell, Mall Of Asia, Trinoma, Abreeza, SM Lanang
Photo 4 of 7
Rosie for Autograph Silk Padded Bra Price: Php 2150 Available in M&S Shangri-La Plaza, Glorietta 4, Greenbelt 5, SM Lanang
Photo 5 of 7
M&S Woman Total Support Post-Surgery Bra Price: Php1650 Available in M&S Shangri-La Plaza, Glorietta 4, Greenbelt 5, Mall Of Asia
Photo 6 of 7
M&S Woman Flatter Me Strapless Bra Price: Php 2450 Available in M&S Shangri-La Plaza, Glorietta 4, Greenbelt 5, Rockwell, Mall Of Asia, Ayala Center Cebu, Lim Ket Kai Center, Trinoma, SM Lanang
Photo 7 of 7
M&S Woman Waist Thigh Cincher Price: Php 3450 Available in M&S Shangri-La Plaza, Alabang Town Center, Glorietta 4, Greenbelt 5, Rockwell, Mall Of Asia, Ayala Center Cebu, Lim Ket Kai Center, Trinoma, Marquee Mall, Eastwood, Abreeza, SM Lanang
Photo 8 of 7
M&S Woman Bum Lift Body Price: Php1650 Available in M&S Shangri-La Plaza, Glorietta 4, Greenbelt 5, Rockwell