- Toddler Pinay Physician Mom DIYs 'Quiet Book' to Help Toddler Son Avoid Gadgets
- Real Parenting 27 Reasons Pinay Moms Love Motherhood: 'Mama Pa Rin Ang Hahanapin Nila'
- Baby Baby Crying for No Reason? He May Be Having Sensory Overload
- Toddler Encourage Your Child to Practice Her Alphabet and Learn How to Read With This Fun Activity
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
WATCH: 6 Easy Hacks to Decorate Store-Bought CupcakeANYONE can do these decorating tips, and you don't even have to like DIY.by Leah Nemil-San Jose .
Not everyone can bake a cake. In fact, not everyone has an oven! So each time you get a missive from your child’s school to bring “something you made,” moms, we offer this video for you (scroll below). Yes, it’s faking it, but hey, dipping 30 cupcakes in sprinkles can eat up a lot of precious time. And that’s our goal here—to save you time so you can use it for other bonding pursuits with your family.
We had help (okay , a lot of help) from two women, Aby Nachura and Angelique Abesamis-Castro, food and prop stylists, respectively, and the women behind the restaurant Stacy’s (you need to check out their parties that come with dessert buffets). They provided six ideas, all easy especially if you have time constraints. But more importantly, you can build on these decorating tricks to come up with your own.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
A few notes:
1. Aby and Angelique bought cupcakes with icing already on top. The icing comes in handy as you will see in the video.
2. We had no clue that you can buy loofah-size cotton candy in a bag in supermarkets! Aby found the one we used here in Robinsons Supermarket (you can also find it in Divisoria).
3. You can source for edible toppers in Wonderbake and Chocolate Lover.
4. Angelique used crochet string to tie the buntings. Want to make your own buntings? Read here.
5. If you want ready-made buntings and other party décor in mall locations, National Book Store, SM Stationery, and Celebrations Party Central are good places to start.
6. If you prefer to shop from your bed for party accessories, go here.
7. If you don’t want the fake-it route but convenience is still paramount, we recently featured seven recipes of no-bake cakes here.
Have fun decorating!