- Family Fun 10 Illustrators Na Maaring Gumawa Ng Inyong Family Portraits
- Your Kid’s Health What Is Vaccine-Derived Polio And How Can My Child Be Protected From It?
- Your Kid’s Health Is It Diarrhea If Your Baby Is Pooping More Often Than Usual?
- Health & Nutrition What A Pregnant Woman Should Know If She Has An Anterior Placenta
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Two Fun Summer-themed Birthday Party Ideas: Luau and FiestaCelebrating your little one's birthday party this summer? Try one of these summer themed birthday party ideas.by Dezza Polinar-Pastor .
Summer is here. Yes, the weather can get almost unbearably hot sometimes, but don’t let that stop you from planning a birthday party this summer. Here are two fun summer-themed birthday party ideas that you can take advantage of this warm season.
How About a Luau?
While a luau-themed party can be pulled off indoors, you probably can get closer to the real thing by holding it outdoors. Try setting the time in the late afternoon so you and your guests can still have some sun (but avoid the day time scorch). By the time evening falls, you can then enjoy the balmy breeze. Unless you get a spot on the shore, the only thing missing will be the beach. Other pros for holding a luau are:
1. Your little celebrant and young guests can dress in their swimwear. With people dressing down and comfy, everyone can be more at ease and enjoy the party heartily.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. Which child does not love to play with water? Set up inflatable pool stations with rubber ducks, boats and other child-safe water toy for toddler and even young kids to dip in (under your or your yaya’s watchful eye, of course). If your area’s water pressure allows for it, set up sprinklers for kids to run in and out of.
3. Lastly, here’s where blowing bubbles and using squirt guns will be put to good use.
Leis and grass skirts immediately put the guests in line with the theme. Simple “straw” plastic grass skirts are relatively inexpensive. Leis can even be put together at a separate craft table for boys and girls to weave and wear.
Get Ready for a Fiesta!
In a country where fiestas are celebrated fervently, why not make your event an excuse to pull off your own fiesta? Obviously, you can do away with the procession and the pageantry. However, you can still borrow some elements of the real thing for your scaled down version.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Instead of having a hog race, try turtles on a short track. Did someone say frogs?Banderitas and personalized banners tie in nicely with the theme. They also provide instant fiesta ambiance for not a lot of money.If your budget further allows it, having dirty ice cream and cotton candy stations will also contribute to that fiesta atmosphere.Serving kakanin and other Filipino delicacies, along with the traditional kiddie-party food, will also lend a nice touch to the event.Instead of goodie bags, little eco-friendly re-usable bayongs can be used by kids to hold their loot in.
If your child is celebrating his or her birthday this summer, any one of these two fun summer-themed party ideas would be lovely for the photos. These are just some initial ideas. Go wild with the details.