How To Pull Off An Exciting Birthday Party For Your Child Kahit Nasa Bahay LangMake it a celebration they’ll never forget!CREATED WITH LADY'S CHOICE
Filipinos often go all-out when it comes to celebrating birthdays — from cooking up a feast to inviting guests enough to fill the house. This kind of celebration is not ideal these days but here’s the thing, mom: You can still make your kids feel extra special on their birthday even if it will just be your little family at home! Below are some of the things you can do to pull off a memorable celebration at home:
1. Round up the family to help plan and prepare the birthday spread.
- Gather dad, kuya, and ate so they can help you come up with a menu of your child’s and the family’s favorites.
- Get dad to join you with grocery (and gift!) shopping.
- Ask ate and kuya to help you prepare all the delicious food.
To truly complete the handaan, prepare your signature macaroni salad made with Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise for the whole family to share. You can either prepare the salad with one of your other kids beforehand, or later on during the day of the party itself with the rest of the family — yes, including the birthday girl or boy! — so you’ll have more reasons to co-create and bond with each other.
2. Prepare a birthday greeting video.
Wouldn’t it be nice to let your child see all the faces they miss in one touching birthday greeting video? To pull this off:
- Reach out to some of their favorite people — lolo, lola, their best friend, neighborhood playmates, classmates, and even their class advisor, just to name a few! — and ask for a simple birthday greeting.
- You can already prompt them with what to say, like mentioning what they love about your child or sharing some of their pictures together with a quick story about these.
- Turn the clips over to their tech-savvy ate or kuya, who can piece together these clips into a 2- or 3-minute fun and heartwarming birthday video!
While you’re at it, you can also do a video call with some of their closest friends so they can “party” in real-time.
3. Transform the living room or the backyard into a campsite, playground, or your child’s favorite place
Here’s what you can do:
- Order online all the appropriate props and other materials you’ll need, depending on your chosen place. Building a forest? Get plastic plants and create cardboard trees. Recreating a playground? Create a makeshift sandbox, swing set, and slide. Holding a simple barbecue party? Ask the family to help you prepare skewers for inihaw and bring out the grill! The possibilities are endless!
- Ask dad and kuya to help build these!
Make things even more fun by asking your other kids to help you prepare a costume of your birthday celebrant’s favorite character for them to wear on the day of the party, and let the rest of the family dress up as supporting characters.
4. Plan an activity-filled day at home.
Here’s a guide you can try:
- You can start by doing a scavenger hunt or a pool party.
- Follow it up with an arts and crafts session.
- Cap off the day with a virtual watch party of a newly released movie with their friends.
- Ask dad, ate, and kuya to help you prepare all the things that would be needed for these activities!
Tip: Feel free to ask your child what they want to do for their birthday! Yes, you can still keep your party planning a secret while getting ideas on what your child would want to do. Just make sure to explain that they can propose activities that can be done at home only.
5. Come up with a curated gift box.
Presents are definitely one of the highlights of children’s birthday parties — but instead of giving them one gift, opt for a gift box that contains toys, books, art supplies, and others. Receiving more presents will surely delight your child!
- Base the number of trinkets inside this curated gift box according to their age — that means if they are, for example, turning 7 years old, place seven different gifts inside the box.
- Come up with a themed gift box, depending on what your child is into at the moment. For example, you can give a play laboratory kit for kids who are into science. Or a set of art materials and sketchbooks for the art-inclined.
Just ask the rest of the family to help you come up with the items and wrap them up. Don’t forget to include a sweet birthday note! Then, let this special gift box be the first thing they see when they wake up on their special day by placing it on their bedside table while they sleep!
During these uncertain times, being with the family and celebrating birthdays and other occasions is one way to uplift everybody’s spirits. Remember that togetherness is what matters more than anything, with family members making one another happy and feel appreciated through simple yet touching surprise gestures like these.
Lastly, don’t forget to make celebrations more special with a macaroni salad made with Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise.
Have a safe and happy birthday celebration at home!
For more easy and delicious celebrations recipes, visit the Lady’s Choice website. You may also visit the #DoItTogether Hub (bit.ly/doittogetherhub) and do Co-Creation Activities (bit.ly/lcdoittogether).
Follow Lady’s Choice on Facebook.