Mother's Day On A Budget: How To Make It Special Without Breaking The BankFree events and tipid tips that will make this year's Mother's Day fun and memorable.by Judy Santiago Aladin .
We've asked moms time and again what they really, really want to receive on Mother's Day, and their answers never change. Topping the list this year would be cash, followed by uninterrupted sleep, and the elusive and expensive "me time."
Whether you are a mom, a child, or a husband, check out these tipid yet fun recommendations on what you can do during the Mother's Day weekend.
Celebrating Mother's Day on a budget ideas
1. Go out and spend the day with fellow moms
If you want to try something new, be productive, and connect with other moms who get you, mom support group Filipina Homebased Moms is having their first-ever face-to-face Mother's Day celebration, and it's free for all!
The event will be from May 12 to May 14 at the Farmer's Plaza Activity Area in Araneta City, Quezon City. There will be exciting activities like "MomMe Talk," where mothers can share their personal experiences and share helpful advice. Career consultation sessions will also be available for those seeking guidance on their career path, and livelihood ideas that will let the moms explore possible income sources.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
There will also be a bazaar where mompreneurs will showcase their products and services. Don't miss out on their raffle and giveaways too.
Who knows? Mother's Day might just be your lucky day to win a laptop or tablet!
The event is for free, but register here to join the raffle!
2. Treat mom to a tipid but special dinner date
Truth is, moms want to have a memorable day but we will appreciate it even more if our family members can spare us from the planning, right? Yes, we love planning our kids' birthdays and everyone else's milestones, but we surely don't want to lift a finger in planning their Mother's Day surprise for us! Moreover, we don't want to cook anything on this day!
Thanks to helpful apps like Klook and Agoda, our husbands and kids don't have to search far and wide to look for discounts and promos on hotels and restaurants. These apps offers exclusive discounts that you can't find anywhere else.
Check out Klook here or Agoda here.
New World Makati Hotel meanwhile offers a unique Mother's Day experience for those who will book with them! They are offering a free scented candle-making class for two and dining options as well.
The promo is for bookings made from May 12 to 14. The 40-minute scented candle-making workshop will be on May 13, which can be the start of a new hobby or a side hustle. Talk about a Mother's Day gift that will keep on giving back!CONTINUE READING BELOWwatch now
Book your stay at the New World Makati Hotel here.
READ: How This Mom Earns From Selling Scented Candles She Makes With Her Kids
3. Stay home
While COVID-19 has been declared by WHO as no longer a global health emergency, the number of cases has been rising, according to the Department of Health.
Moms, first and foremost, would love their family members to be safe and healthy on this day, so if you want to keep the celebration intimate and at home, it doesn't make it any less.
Here's a sample plan:
1. Start mom's day right with breakfast in bed. Some easy and affordable options would be pancakes, scrambled eggs, and fresh fruits. Moms would love a hot cup of coffee, and the luxury of time to drink it.
2. Family time. Play board games or watch a movie together on Netflix or Disney Plus. Let mom choose what movie to watch, and prepare some snacks for everyone.
3. DIY gifts. A scrap book, letter, or a handmade gift could mean the world to any mom. As long as it's done with love and to make her feel special and loved, trust us that it will work.
If you are not into art, do something for your mom that you have been putting off, like fixing your room, organizing your kitchen shelf, or anything that will make her smile.
4. Treat her to a home-service spa. A relaxing bath and some face mask sheets will do the trick! Play some soothing music, and don't let the kids go near the bathroom door even just for this moment, please.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
You still have time to order them online! Buy spa salt on Lazada here for only Php 99, and face mask sheets on Lazada here for only Php 1.96.
5. Prepare a special dinner. End the day with a meal together. Serve her favorite food. Remember that it doesn't have to be fancy. Over dinner, you might want to talk about your favorite or funny memories with your mom.
Happy Mother's Day!
What other parents are reading