- Toddler Fine Motor Skills Are Essential For Learning: Checklist For 3 To 5 Years Old
- Wellness What Makes You Feel Like A 'Mean Mom'? This Mother Has An Answer
- Love & Relationships Best Excuse To Try New Sex Position: Avoid Missionary For Now To Prevent COVID-19!
- Preschooler Gamitin Ang DepEd Dropbox Enrollment System Kung Walang Internet O Computer
This Is The Right Way To Wash Your VaginaPut the douche down.
In case you didn't know, vaginas contain healthy bacteria that allow them to self-clean. But this doesn't mean you can't help them out to keep them in tip-top shape! Check out our tips on the proper way of cleansing down there.
1. Say "no" to douching.
Yes, using a douche can make you feel squeaky clean because they "wash out everything in the vagina, including the healthy bacteria." If done regularly, douches may increase your risk of contracting infections since there are no bacteria to protect it.
2. Wash it with plain soap and water.
Perfumed vaginal soaps can disrupt your pH balance. To keep things safe and irritation-free, always wash the labia and vulva with a plain or unscented wash and warm water.
3. Wipe front-to-back.
Your feces contain all sorts of bacteria that if they were to get smeared over your vagina and urethra, you could get a UTI. So ladies, remember to always wipe front-to-back.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
More for parents like you
4. Avoid scrubbing.
Your skin down there is already sensitive, so you wouldn't want to create unnecessary irritation.
5. Always pat it dry after washing.
Excess moisture in your vagina can become a breeding ground for a yeast infection. To avoid this, gently pat your groin with a towel after washing it!CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
6. Wash it once a day.
Doing this, especially when you're on your period, will keep your vagina's pH levels happy and balanced.
This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.
Trending in Summit Network