Paper and lace, buttons and bows, these are just some of the things you always have too many of in your sewing kit or craft box. Well, how about rounding them up and fashioning them into adorable pieces of art gifts? Here are a few awesome ideas from Michelle Sy-Ong, crafts designer and owner of Visual Creations Crafts Store in Quezon City. The big treat: They’re easy to make, you can do them with your kids and they cost next to nothing.
1. Get tagged: Creative bookmarks - Cut out some printed card stock.
- Snip about two inches of ribbon, and glue on buttons of varying shapes and colors.
- You can also add some sticker gems for a little sparkle as well as felt paper cutouts of hearts and flowers in keeping with the Valentine theme.
- Tip: Ong suggests using rub-on letters to write messages neatly.
2. Wrapped around recycled boxes
- Recycle old boxes (like this moon cake box) and wrap them in scrapbook paper stock.
- Spruce up with faux flower petals, colorful pipe cleaners spiraled like stems, cutout heart shapes, and craft peg boards—and you’ll have a 3D gift that springs a surprise!
- Wrap it on white paper stamped with heart shapes. Tie with a bow of DMC thread and top off with a felt paper heart.
3. Of hearts and cards
- With some lovely patterned scrapbooking papers and card stock, foam and felt hearts, colored DMC thread, buttons, and a dollop of imagination and creativity, you can create charming greeting cards of different sizes.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Add texture and depth by gluing shapes and blings on top of each other. Use rub-on letters to write your message or the recipient’s name for a smart finale.
4. Framed blossom
- Ain’t it dainty and sweet? Ong suggests playing with more materials and texture, but still sticking to the theme.Use floral-patterned paper.
- Bring the buds to life by gluing on button-stamped faux petals of different shades.
- Hints of sticker gems and bows create subtle drama to your artwork.
5. Bag-o-love: Recycled paper bags
- Turn old bags into lovely gift kits. Cover labels and crumpled parts with cheerful pattern paper.
- Embellish with a few of your everyday things.
For Crafts and Scrapbooking supplies, visit http://www.visualcreationsonline.net
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Celebrate your pregnancy milestones!
Enter your details below and receive weekly email guides on your baby's weight and height in cute illustration of Filipino fruits. PLUS get helpful tips from experts, freebies and more!
You're almost there! Check your inbox.
We sent a verification email. Can't find it? Check your spam, junk, and promotions folder.