- Real Parenting Why I Decided To Enroll My Daughters In A Public School: 'All Schools Are Now Equal'
- Breastfeeding How to Combine Breastfeeding and Bottle Feeding and Make It Work
- News There's A New 'Highly Infectious' Swine Flu Strain With 'Pandemic Potential'
- Home Shopping For A New Ref? 5 Options Below P9,000 For Small Homes
10 Must-Try Dishes at Dekada Historic Filipino CuisineDekada prides itself in Filipino dishes cooked the old-fashioned way
Dekada Historic Filipino Cuisine, a Filipino restaurant located at the 2nd level of Glorietta 3 in Makati, may make one feel like he is lost in time, what with dishes named after historic events and heroes, but co-owner Ricky Laudico affirms it. “Dekada is our tribute to the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. We were so fascinated with history and with Filipino dishes that we tried to match them. In fact, our marketing team is trying to get in touch with descendants of our national heroes, and we imagine it would be great if we can prepare the favorite dishes of Juan Luna, Bonifacio, or Tandang Sora.”
This weekend, drop by Dekada and have a taste of these must-try dishes:
1. Legazpi Pako, P198ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
This combination of fern salad, tomatoes, onions and salted egg, topped with adobo flakes, is a fresh start to your meal.
2. Agustino Bagoong Rice, P328
This Thai-inspired dish that’s good for sharing adds a Pinoy twist by topping rice, green mango slices and scrambled eggs with grilled liempo
3. Aguinaldo Twice-Cooked Adobo, P389ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Our national dish is made even richer and tastier by sealing in the flavor twice
4. Yamashita Sinigang na Sugpo sa Kamias, P389ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Fresh seafood cooked in a sour broth from our native kamias
5. Gomburza Ox-Trail and Tripe Kare-Kare, P348
Tender oxtail and tripe in peanut sauce, bagoong, and crunchy greens
6. Puto Bumbong with Cheese, P148ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Enjoy this famous native kakanin all year-round
7. Seguela Crispy Pata, P669
Crispy, perfectly deep-fried pork pata with a sour-salty-spicy dip
8. Sakay Bicol Express, P289ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Crispy liempo with a side serving of coconut cream and red chili
9. Dekada Family Fiesta (good for 4 to 6 persons)
Sinigang na sugpo sa kamias, Adobo rice, Twice-cooked adobo, Bicol express, Binukadkad na pla-pla, Lechon manok, Laguna salad
10. Proclamation No. 1081 Buko Halo-Halo Espesyal, P138ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Native fruits in shaved ice, milk, leche flan served in a coconut shell
Dekada Historic Filipino Cuisine also has a branch at Fairview Terraces, Quirino Highway, Novaliches, Quezon City.
Trending in Summit Network