- Getting Pregnant Senyales ng Pagbubuntis sa Unang Linggo: Bakit Wala Kang Mararamdamang Sintomas
- Getting Pregnant Sintomas ng Tatlong Linggong Pagbubuntis: Mga Pagbabago Sa Iyong Katawan
- Your Kid’s Health Ang Kailangan Sa Bahay Para Iwas Electrocution Maliban Sa Power Plug Cover
- Love & Relationships Kinakausap Pa Rin Ng Asawa Ko Ang Ex Niya, Anong Gagawin Ko?
4 Easy Recipes with BananasYou probably have the rest of the ingredients in your pantry!
Bananas are great as a quick healthy snack on their own but they're also fantastic in recipes. Take bananas up a notch and make a flavorful drink, snack, or dessert with this yummy tropical fruit.
1. Chocolate and Banana Crepes
So easy to make for everyone to enjoy!
Takes 10 minutes
Makes 6 servings
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
1 cup milk mixed with 1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Dash of salt
1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and let rest for 10 minutes.
2. In a nonstick 8-inch diameter pan over low heat, pour a ladle of the batter on the pan. Tilt pan to spread batter as thinly and evenly as possible, covering the surface of the pan.
4. Cook for a minute or two. Gently lift and turn over to cook other side.
5. Transfer to a plate. Spread chocolate spread with a spatula and top with sliced bananas. Fold and serve warm.
2. Banana Muffins
Use very ripe bananas to get a rich sweetness.
Takes 30 minutes
Makes 9 large muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1⁄3 cups banana, mashed
1/2 cup milk
1⁄3 cup oil
1 egg, slightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in remaining ingredients only until moistened. Do not over mix.
3. Spoon batter into muffin caps.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from pan and serve warm.
3. Banana Cream Pie
Seconds will be hard to resist of this light yet creamy concoction.
Takes 30 minutes
Makes 10 to 12 servings
1 ready-made pie shell
3 tablepoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 large egg yolks
3 tablespoons butter
3 ripe bananas, sliced length-wise
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups whipped cream for topping
1. Make the custard by mixing 2 cups of milk, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over low heat.
2. In a bowl, dissolve cornstarch in ¼ cup milk, then whisk in egg yolks.
Combine the two mixtures and cook, whisking constantly, over low heat until it thickens and bubbles, about 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Remove the custard from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Transfer to a small bowl and cool. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. To assemble the pie, spread half the custard on the pie shell and cover with a layer of bananas.
Add remaining custard and another layer of bananas. Cover with whipped cream. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
4. Pineapple Banana Smoothie
A refreshing drink to start the day.
Takes 5 minutes
Makes 1 serving
1 tablespoon crushed pineapple
1 tablespoon sugar
1 small banana, sliced
3 ice cubes
1 cup water
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed until smooth. Serve at once.
Photographs by Migeul Nacianceno. Food styling by Vanna C. Severino. Recipes by Maricel D. Abad. This article originally appeared in the January-February 2007 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
*Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network