- Real Parenting Andi Eigenmann First Thought She And Philmar Would Have Issues About Parenting Styles
- Labor & Childbirth 'Nanay Ka, Kahit Ano Pang Delivery Procedure Ang Pinagdaanan Mo'
- News Red Cross To Sell Two Doses Of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine For P3,500
- News Rabiya Mateo Hopes To Reunite With Father In The US: 'I Just Want To Know If He's Alive'
Side Dish: Cole SlawAdd some vegetables to your family meal. Make a cole slawby Irene Nicolas-Recio .
Put some green into your menu. Serve some cole slaw with your other dishes.
Side Dish: Cole Slaw
You will need:
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 8 cups cabbage, chopped or julienned
- ¼ cup carrots, shredded or julienned
- ¼ cup sugar (or less depending on how sweet you want it to be)
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I usually use the sweet kind)
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- juice of 3 pieces of calamansi
- salt and pepper to taste
CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
- You may slice the cabbage and carrots into thin julienned strips or chop them into tiny diced pieces. Either way is fine. I find the julienned strips prettier. And to add to the aesthetic quality of the slaw, I use 6 cups of green cabbage and 2 cups of red cabbage. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, calamansi juice, salt and pepper.
- Beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Mix in the cabbage and carrots. Combine all the ingredients well.
- Put in a sealed container and refrigerate. Only take it out of the refrigerator just before leaving for the picnic.
- Served best when chilled.
Photo from flickr.com
Trending in Summit Network