Here Are 4 Cheese-filled Recipes To Make Your Loved Ones Happy At Any Time of the DayMake your meals more magical with cheese!CREATED WITH CDO IDOL CHEESEDOG
Moms know how tricky it is to feed kids, especially when they ask for the same thing repeatedly. Sometimes, all you want is to introduce them to flavors new to their palate.
Introduce children to new flavors slowly and, yes, almost like a covert operation. What are their favorite food items, and how can you add something new without overpowering the flavor they know well?
Let’s start with a perennial kid favorite: cheesedogs. Cook it as is, or toss chunks of it in soups, stews, and pasta. Best of all, it’s not only bunso who’ll enjoy these, but also the rest of the family.
Below are four recipes to satisfy any craving, anytime. Add CDO Idol Cheesedog to the recipes to amplify taste. Its unique, meaty, and cheesy flavor makes it a versatile addition to these dishes.
Meaty Potato Omelet
Start the day with this savory dish, made even better with CDO Idol Cheesedog. Pair it with steaming hot white rice!
Takes 25 minutes, makes 4 servings
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
5 pieces CDO Idol Cheesedog, cut into rounds
4 pieces egg
1. In a nonstick pan, heat a tablespoon of oil and pan-fry potatoes until golden brown on the edges. Take out of the pan, drain on paper towel, and set aside.
2. Add a little more oil to the pan and fry the CDO Idol Cheesedog rounds for a few minutes or until heated through. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, break one egg and beat lightly. Season with salt and pepper. Add a tablespoon or two each of the cooked potatoes and cheesedogs.
4. Heat a half tablespoon of oil in a nonstick pan. Swirl oil to coat the pan's surface. Pour the egg-potato-cheesedog mixture and cook for two minutes. Flip and cook for another minute. Repeat for the rest of the three eggs.
Enjoy a warm bowl of milky sopas for merienda! Toss in CDO Idol Cheesedog chunks in the flavorful broth with macaroni and chicken bits for a simple yet filling dish.
Takes 30 minutes, makes 6 servings
1 1/2 cup macaroni
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon oil
5 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 kilo chicken breast, cubed
salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
2 cups fresh milk
2 cups chicken broth
3 pieces CDO Idol Cheesedog, sliced
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, and add macaroni. Cook 2 minutes less than directed. Drain macaroni, and keep warm. Set aside.
2. In another pot over medium heat, put butter and oil. Once butter is melted, add garlic, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook until aromatic and beginning to brown.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Working in batches, add chicken to the pot, and sear all sides before adding the next batch of chicken.
4. Pour in milk and chicken broth. Stir, bring to a boil, and then simmer just until chicken is cooked through. Add cooked macaroni and sliced CDO Idol Cheesedog. Season to taste. Cook until cheesedogs are heated through. Ladle into bowls, and serve while still hot.
Sweet-style spaghetti will always be a hit among Pinoys of all ages, whether it’s served at parties, or at home as a snack or main dish. Adding sliced CDO Idol Cheesedog will make the sauce even better.
Takes 1 hour, makes 4 to 6 servings
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
250 grams beef, use ground round
250 grams pork, use ground pork
2 pieces bay leaf
7 pieces CDO Idol Cheesedog, sliced
2 cups tomato sauce, use sweet-style sauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon liquid seasoning
350 grams spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package directions
1/2 cup quick-melting cheese, grated
1. In a medium skillet, heat oil and melt butter. Add onions, carrots, and celery; cook until vegetables are tender. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
2. Add ground round, ground pork, and bay leaves. Brown the meat for about 10 minutes. Remove the excess oil.
3. Pour in tomato sauce and water or stock; mix well. Let the meat mixture simmer over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Halfway through cooking, add the diced CDO Idol Cheesedog and mix well. Add liquid seasoning, salt, and pepper for flavor. Continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. When ready to serve, toss pasta with meat sauce until well combined. Top with grated cheese or serve cheese on the side.
Beef Menudo Fiesta
Aside from swapping the usual pork with beef, make the quintessential menudo recipe even more special by adding CDO Idol Cheesedog. It's perfect for lunch or dinner!
Takes 2 hours and 20 minutes, makes 6 servings
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 small red onion, chopped
6 small tomatoes, diced
500 grams beef sirloin, cubed
3-4 cups beef stock
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 medium potatoes, cubed
2 small carrots, cubed
1 medium bell pepper, sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons pickle relish
5 pieces CDO Idol Cheesedog, sliced
salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
1. Saute garlic and onions in a large pot until browned. Add diced tomatoes.
2. Add beef sirloin and brown on all sides.
3. Add beef stock and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until beef cubes are tender (around 2 hours). Add more stock if needed.
4. Once tender, reduce the liquid to almost half. Add tomato paste, potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, and pickle relish. Simmer again until potatoes and carrots are softened.
5. Add the sliced CDO Idol Cheesedog. Add salt and pepper to taste.