- Breastfeeding True Or False: A Breastfeeding Mom Who Has COVID-19 Cannot Nurse Her Baby
- News UPDATE: Duterte Formally Extends Enhanced Quarantine Until April 30
- News Grocery And Supermarket Hours During Holy Week 2020
- News WATCH: Discharged COVID-19 Patient Applauded By Nurses; 83-Year-Old Lolo Also Recovers!
This Easy Coconut Cupcake Is as Tantalizing as Any Chocolate CakeHere’s a great dessert recipe for non-chocolate lovers. Make it for date night!
Your significant other may or may not have told you, but the way we, ladies, obsess about chocolate isn’t something he shares. He likes it, but he wouldn’t…moan about it. So if you’re having a date night at home, surprise him with this easy coconut cupcake recipe that is as alluring as any chocolate cake. You will love it, too.
FLUFFY COCONUT CUPCAKES
Takes 30 minutes
Makes 16 medium cupcakes or 20 small cupcakes
Here's what you'll need
1 box yellow cake mix
2 cups coconut flakes, or 1 cup desiccated coconut
1 egg white
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup coconut flakes for topping
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. Line cupcake molds with paper baking cups. Follow yellow cake mix instructions.
3. Fold in 1 cup coconut flakes or desiccated coconut into batter; pour into molds.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Let cool.
5. To make icing, place powdered sugar into a deep bowl and add egg white. With a clean wooden spoon or spatula, continue to beat until mixture is firm. When cupcakes are cool, spread a thin layer of icing on top then sprinkle with coconut flakes. Serve.
KITCHEN-TESTED TIP: For added flavor, add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the icing.
Coconut Cupcake recipe by Maricel Abad. Photo by Erwin Obcemea. Food styling by Chiqui Lloren.
This recipe originally appeared in the May 2007 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines. Minor edits have been made by the SmartParenting.com.ph editors.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Trending in Summit Network