- Real Parenting Moms Can’t Help But React To Lara Quigaman’s Cold Coffee Story: ‘This Is Our Reality’
- Real Parenting Pinay Mom Shares How Her 8-Year-Old Suffered After She Used Gadgets as 'Secondary Yaya'
- Love & Relationships Why Is My Wife Always Angry? Hubbies, 5 Reasons And How You Can Help Her Better Next Time
- Preschooler How to Answer When Your 4-Year-Old Asks Where Do Babies Come From
Dessert: Apple PieWant an easy-to-prepare Apple Pie recipe for the family? Mom and contributor, Irene Nicolas-Recio generously shares her recipe.by Irene Nicolas-Recio .
Dessert: Apple Pie
There’s nothing like warm apple pie to cap off a meal with the family. Below is an easy-to-prepare version of the dessert that’s perfect for busy moms.
You will need the following for the crust and topping:
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup brown sugar, packed
• ¾ cup butter, melted
• ½ cup quick-cook oats
For the filling:
• 2/3 cup granulated sugar
• 3 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1 ¼ cups water
• 4 medium sized apples, cored, peeled and diced
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. To make the crust and topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, butter, and oats in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Set aside about 1 cup of the mixture to use as topping.
2. Put the rest of the mixture in a 9-inch pie plate. Press the mixture down firmly onto the pie plate.
3. To make the filling, combine the granulated sugar, cornstarch, and water in a pan. Stir constantly until the mixture becomes smooth. Bring to a boil. Stir for a minute or so or until the mixture thickens.
4. Remove from the heat. Mix in the apples and vanilla extract.
5. Pour on top of the crust. Top with the 1-cup crumb mixture.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown.
7. Serve as is or topped with vanilla ice cream.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Photo from commons.wikimedia.org
Trending in Summit Network