- Home Done With Your Grocery Run? How To Properly Disinfect Your Clothes When Returning Home
- Food Craving for Carbs? Here Are The Stores Delivering Freshly Baked Bread
- Preschooler Baby Shark And Paw Patrol Hand Washing Videos Are Here (Hang In There, Parents)
- News Mahal Na Araw 2020: Paano Ang Paggunita Ng Semana Santa Sa Gitna Ng COVID-19?
Judy Ann Santos' 'Perfect Fried Chicken' Recipe Is A Must-try!Secret spices add 'oomph' to the fried chicken.by Yummy.ph Team .
If, like us, you love Judy Ann's cooking videos, then you should check out her fried chicken recipe. Besides being a famous actress, Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo is also a mom to three kids. She's a homemaker, a trained chef, and recently, a Youtube star with a channel called Judy Ann's Kitchen. We checked out her fried chicken recipe and broke down the ingredient measurements so you, too, can try it at home with confidence.
She cooks everything from scratch: from her favorite Filipino dishes such as the Binakol and Roasted Tomato Soup to unique dishes she just thought would make a fantastic dish to serve to her family, like the Mamon Pudding. One of her all-time favorites is this recipe for a buttermilk-marinated fried chicken, which she proclaims is "the Perfect Fried Chicken".
Each is a crunchy, flavorful piece of chicken because the ingredients that go into the marinade, as well as the coating, have a little something extra in it. This is what she does: she adds splashes of hot sauce to the buttermilk marinade and a dash of ground cinnamon to the flour mixture (You'll never taste it, she guarantees).ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
More from Smart Parenting
In addition to the already flavorful coating, she serves it together with hot honey—that's honey spiced with chili flakes. Sweet, savory, and spicy—that's a delicious combination that you just have to try.
Judy Ann's Perfect Fried Chicken
Takes 50 minutes plus overnight marinating
Makes 8 servings
2 cups full-cream milk
1/2 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon hot sauce (she used Tabasco)
8 chicken quarters
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon chili flakes
More from Smart Parenting
1. In a large bowl, combine milk and vinegar. Let sit 5 minutes. Add hot sauce and chicken. Mix and then cover with plastic wrap. Marinate chicken overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Heat enough oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat until 350 degrees F/180 degrees C. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cinnamon, and paprika. Dredge marinated chicken in the flour mixture, and set aside on a rack.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
3. Pan fry chicken in the hot oil until cooked through, about 15 minutes or until the juices run clear. If not, return to the pan and fry until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, make the chili-honey sauce: In a saucepan over low heat, combine honey and chili flakes. Cook until hot. Serve with the fried chicken.
Watch the video below to find out how easy it is to make:
This story originally appeared on Yummy.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.
Trending in Summit Network