- Your Kid’s Health Narito Ang Sintomas Ng COVID-19 Sa Bata At Ang Mga Dapat Alalahanin
- Inspiration Howie Severino Is PH2828: 'I Am One Of The Lucky Ones Who Lived To Tell The Tale'
- Your Health Social Amelioration Card: Paano Mag-Apply Ng Cash Aid Mula Sa Gobyerno
- Your Health Experts Say Wearing Gloves Inside Grocery Stores Gives 'False Sense Of Security'
Weekend Treat: Whip Up a Delicious Milo CakeIf you love the powdered chocolate as a drink, imagine how much better this incredibly moist and flavorful cake made with it will be.by Yummy.ph Team .
This chocolate cake is made with the powdered chocolate drink mix Milo, and it's everything you want in a cake: moist, chocolatey, and topped with an irresistible cream cheese frosting dusted with more Milo powder. Serve with a side of ice cold Milo for a double dose of the chocolate flavor you love.
Milo Sheet Cake
Takes 45 minutes plus cooling
Makes 24 servings
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups Milo powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup fresh milk
More butter, for greasing
More from Smart Parenting
For the Frosting:
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons fresh milk
2 tablespoons Milo powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 13-inches by 9-inches nonstick baking pan. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light using a stand mixer. Add, then beat in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, Milo powder, and salt in another bowl. Add half the mixture to the egg mixture. Fold on Low speed until just mixed.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
4. Pour in milk, and stir on Low to mix. Add remaining flour mixture into batter, and mix until just combined.
5. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Place in the oven, and bake for 30 minutes, or until the middle of the cake springs back when lightly pressed. Remove from oven, and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
6. Meanwhile, make frosting: In a medium bowl using a whisk, beat butter and cream cheese until mixed and light. Add half the powdered sugar, and whisk gently to incorporate into the butter mixture. Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix. Pour in milk, and stir to mix. Set aside.
7. To serve, spoon frosting over cooled sheet cake, and using your spatula, spread to the edges. Sprinkle top with Milo powder. Chill until ready to serve.
This story originally appeared on Yummy.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Trending in Summit Network