- Breastfeeding Breastfeeding Mom, Tumulong Sa NICU Babies Na Nakasama Ng Kanyang Anak Na May Birth Defect
- Real Parenting 'My Child Does't Need A Sibling': Pinoy Parents Share Their Choice To Have One Child
- Food 6 Healthy Homemade Recipes for Your Baby (7 to 8 Months)
- Health & Nutrition Yellow Vaginal Discharge During Pregnancy: Do You Need To Be Worried?
Noche Buena Dessert: Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese FillingTry this dessert idea sure to be a hit with the family this Noche Buena.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Filling
• 4 eggs, separated
• 1½ cups sugar
• 1 cup carrots, grated
• 1 cup walnuts
• 1½ cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• Pinch of salt
• 1 cup oil
• 2½ tablespoons hot water
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Cream together egg yolks and 1 cup of the sugar until the yolk color lightens. Stir in carrots, nuts, flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and oil.
2. Mix together hot water and baking soda, and stir into flour mixture.
3 Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add remaining sugar. Beat until stiff and glossy. Fold egg white mixture into ß our mixture.
4. Place mixture into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan lined with greased wax paper and bake for 45 minutes or until done. Let cool.
5. Slice in half horizontally to form two layers.
6. To make the cream cheese filling: Soften 8 ounces cream cheese and beat in ½ cup sugar, mixing gradually, until filling is smooth and ß uffy. A food processor works well for this.
7. Cover bottom layer with cream cheese filling. Layer together cake and cream cheese filling on top of one another. Top with candied walnuts.
Photography by Miguel NaciancenoADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network