- Your Kid’s Health Pinay Pediatrician Shares The Food Your Child Needs To Eat To Fight Viruses And Infections
- Labor & Childbirth Mom Shares Her Childbirth Experience Where Unang Yakap Wasn't Done
- Baby Ilang Buwan Bago Makakita Si Baby: Alamin Ang Milestones Ng Kanyang Paningin
- Real Parenting Curly Hair Is Beautiful! How This Group Helps Kids Embrace Their Natural Waves And Curls
Fun Finger Food? How About Wrapping Prawns in Noodles!Kids might enjoy the crunch when they bite into these.
Kids love to hear that crunch on their food (no kids refuses crispy fried chicken, right?). So if you want them to try prawns, a secret can be to add cruunch. Egg noodles should do the trick here. Wrap noodles around prawns before deep-frying them and viola! Oh, yes, grown-ups can get a kick out of this, too.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Here's what you'll need:
20 pieces medium prawns, shelled and deveined with tails left on
4 pieces calamansi, juiced
1 teaspoon liquid seasoning
salt and pepper, to season
50 grams dried chinese egg noodles
oil, for deep-frying
sweet chili sauce, for dipping
1 Mix prawns with calamansi juice, liquid seasoning, salt, and pepper. Marinate for 15 minutes.
2 Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain. Straighten out the noodles and lay flat on a tray; let cool.
3 Take two long strands of noodles and wrap them around a prawn, tucking the ends in. Lay the wrapped prawn flat on a plate, noodle-end side down. Repeat with remaining prawns. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to help the noodles stick together and to prevent them from unraveling when frying.
4 Heat a deep pan with enough oil for deep-frying. Fry the prawns in batches just until noodles are lightly golden and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
5 Arrange prawns on a platter and serve with sweet chili sauce.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
This story originally appeared on Yummy.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.
Trending in Summit Network