- Baby Time To Change Your Baby's Formula Milk If You See These Signs, According To A Pedia
- Preschooler MRIs Show How Too Much Screen Time Can Slow A Child's Brain Development
- Toddler Nagsisilbing 'Happiness Anchor' ang Family Vacation Paglaki ng mga Bata
- Love & Relationships Frustrated Mom To Husbands: Don't Wait To Be Asked To Do Chores; Just Do Something.
Should I still feed my child a full breakfast if he eats plenty during lunch and dinner?by Dezza Polinar-Pastor .
- Breakfast sets the nutritional mode of an individual for the rest of the day. After eight hours of sleep and having no food intake at all, blood sugar level drops, hence, depriving the brain of fuel. It then leaves neurochemicals out of balance.If a child doesn’t refuel with a healthy breakfast, it will leave him cranky and unable to concentrate on his tasks. If kids skip breakfast, they are more likely to crave sugar the rest of the day, which eventually leads to erratic eating habits. Your child probably eats a lot during lunch precisely because of hunger carried on from having had no breakfast in the morning.The best breakfasts contain a balance of complex carbohydrates, fiber, protein, and a bit of healthy fat (especially omega-3s). This combination allows for the slow release of sugar into the bloodstream, providing energy all morning long.Sources:
l Sunil Sazawal, M.D., M.P.H., Ph.D., associate professor, department of international health, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, U.S.
l SMART PARENTING May/June, November/December 2003, March, April, June, July, August, November 2004, April, May, June, September, December 2005CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended VideosADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Trending in Summit Network